IVF: Have you ever seen E2 drop like this?

Phoenix725

Reaction score
I'm sort of new around here, only posted a handful of times. But I just came from my fertility center and am trying not to panic.

I'm 9 days in on stims. Had my u/s and blood work and everything was textbook. Ready for probable retrieval on Wednesday. I went this morning for an IVIG infusion and recheck of my follicles. They drew blood for labs, all the usual. P4 was perfect, LH perfect, and then I saw my E2.

Yesterday it was 2295. Today it was 1232!

I had 38 follicles that she was able to measure, and still the same today! How in the world could this have happened? The doctor doesn't really know, all he said was that this might no longer be an optimal cycle and all we can do is up my meds to try to save it, and hope for the best. It is possible that it was a lab error and one of the nurses said she'd never seen a drop that big without indication of an ovulation or of course after retrieval.

I'm freaking out over here... I already paid in full for the cycle and of course all the time and emotional investment that goes into it.

Has anyone seen a drop like that before? Were you able to save the cycle?

The e2 probably dropped because you had so many follicles being stimulated at once and someo F the follicles are not now being stimulated/putting out e2 and dying off. I would imagine your next scan to show fewer follicles than today's. But it could mean ovulation is nearing or the follicles are not good. Do you have pcos? This can be seen with pcos as well as the excessive number of follicles. What was your p4? Sometimes the first cycle is a trial cycle unfortunately but I would see what happens the next couple of days. That is a large drop and hopefully a recheck tomorrow. A further drop would probably cancel the cycle.

Thank you for your input. Thank God, we had a little miracle! Scan showed everything was right on track, 35 follicles, and E2 went back up where it belongs. The only thing they can conclude is a lab error!

I don't have PCOS, but I asked my doctor to treat me aggressively since hubby has extreme quality issues. Go bigger and hopefully have a better chance of more blasts, since hubby was left sterile by chemo. We're using frozens and have to just make do with what we've got.

Fx for you! Sometimes aggressive though messes with egg quality so it's not always best. Fx you'll get several blasts and ohss stays away. Although I imagine with that many follicles you'll have a fet? Depending on e2 levels. I bet it was a lab error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->