IVF/ICSI buddies in April ?

Marzipane

Reaction score
Here I am! Over excited to start my IVF journey this april! I am trying not to be too excited so if it does not work I am too depressed. It is son officials to stay positive without putting my hopes up!

My doctor has mentioned he wants to do half ICSI, half IVF. Has anyone had this done before?
He's very confident and will put me on the same medications as when I did my IUI. I was on 2.5 mg letrozole and gonal f injections. I had 8 follicules!
It would be lovely to have son IVF Buddies AND IVF success stories! :hugs:

Here I am! Over excited to start my IVF journey this april! I am trying not to be too excited so if it does not work I am too depressed. It is son officials to stay positive without putting my hopes up!

My doctor has mentioned he wants to do half ICSI, half IVF. Has anyone had this done before?
He's very confident and will put me on the same medications as when I did my IUI. I was on 2.5 mg letrozole and gonal f injections. I had 8 follicules!
It would be lovely to have son IVF Buddies AND IVF success stories! :hugs:

Hi marzipan, it's good to be excited n have a good spirit, I just started my IVF journey too n I n dh opted for icsi too, I start my meds yesterday Monday . With what my doctor told us you have a higher chances of getting pregnant.
Let's keep our fingers crossed! We will have goodnews soonest! Cheers

I will hopefully be starting next week! First ivf! Have scan on April 8th! Good luck!

Hi Marzipan

I'm due to start injecting tonight (Weds) if all looks good on my scan today.

This is my second round of IVF. The first resulted in the birth of my 8 month old son last July. We were advised to use ICSI last time round. We actually opted for IMSI, which is the same process but uses a much more powerful microscope to select the sperm. I had some doubts about by passing the process of natural selection so on the day of my egg collection I told the embryologist that if we retrieved more than 10 eggs I want the excess number of eggs over 10 to be used for regular IVF. 15 eggs were retrieved in total so we did IMSI on 10 eggs and regular IVF on 5 eggs. I didn't get any fertilised eggs from the IVF batch, but did get 6 from the IMSI, 4 of which made it to blastocyst stage. This time round we will just be doing IMSI.

Frozen (day 5) embryo going in today - in two hours actually! April Fools of all days - you couldn't make it up! ;)

Good luck Pinky!

I got the all clear on my scan so will start injecting tonight. Egg collection is tentatively set for 12th April!

Good luck girls! How does everyone do with their injections? Any tips?

Good luck girls! How does everyone do with their injections? Any tips?

I did the missus' for her - and it was very...satisfying! ;)
If it's your first time, it was suggested to me to practice on an orange first to get your pressure right. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->