IVF/ICSI success rates for London Clinics

Springflower

Reaction score
I've strated doing some research into London clinics as I'm considering changing from the one I'm at. Previously I have found it really difficult to find a claear table of them. But I've found this and thought I'd share.

https://www.argc.co.uk/statistics.html

ARGC seems high, does anyone have any exp there?

Hey Spring - have a look on FF and i would post on there and ask them what they think - perhaps they can advise which consultant is good to see and also if they have an open day so you can check it out?x

I was also considering ARGC for my 3rd attempt however you need to know that although the basic cost is low it can cost you up to or over £10,000
They tailor the treatment to your hormones so it is very individual.
Like Rach said look on FF for details.

Hi I believe that this is the clinic of DR Tarranisi who is quite a celeb and apparently has amassed a fortune of 38 million. Although his figures look really good there has been cases against him recently where previous patients felt that they were not handled in the best way and that the really expensive bloods tests costing between 900-1500 were pushed on them which made the costs soar. He also has another clinic where he treats most of the older ladies or difficult cases which then makes the stats for the ARGC look better. You have to bear in mind that stats can be minipulated to look good and at the end of the day those are just guides as we are all so very different and respond differently to treatment.

I know that Sir Robert Winston the IVF guru has spoken out against some of the blood tests promoted within this and other clinics as he does not truly believe in them and the antibodies transfusions that they offer. All a bit experimental.

I know that it is an absolute minefield out there trying to choose the right place but I went not only on the success rates but the doctors themselves. I chose mine as he didn't push anything on me just gave me information and options and let me go away and decide, he gave me confidence in his abilities without promising me anything as this is such an uncertain journey with no certain outcomes at the end.

I think you know when you are with the right doctor and if you are not happy with who you are with see if anyone you know can recommend.

I wish you luck on your journey and really hope that you get your BFP very soon :hugs:

ladies, can you recommend a good London IVF clinic? I was looking into ARGC but it seems so controversial

Success rates are hard to compare as it depends on what type of treatments the clinics offer, if they treat people over a certain age or with certain conditions or not etc (for example, some clinics don't treat people over a certain age or with certain conditions as this reduces their success rate percentage, or subscribe higher drug dosages to try and increase success rate percentage).

I personally decided on Create Health (West Wimbledon and Harley Street) as they offer treatment to anyone (age or condition), and mainly because they advocate natural and mild IVF treatment where possible, which isn't as harsh on your body and costs less (although less eggs are collected). Since I have unexplained infertility, I didn't feel the need to go through the whole down-regging process and then take high amounts of stimulation drugs unnecessarily.

It completely depends on your circumstances though.

Good luck

Victory thank you! and congratulations on your BFP! H&H 9 months!

I see that it has taken two attempts to get your BFP. Do you know why it did not work the first time? can I also ask how much each attempt cost? I just note that in ARGC it costs 2,500 but then there are other things that you have to pay for and overall it comes to well over 10,000 per attempt. quite pricy

Victory thank you! and congratulations on your BFP! H&H 9 months!

I see that it has taken two attempts to get your BFP. Do you know why it did not work the first time? can I also ask how much each attempt cost? I just note that in ARGC it costs 2,500 but then there are other things that you have to pay for and overall it comes to well over 10,000 per attempt. quite pricy

1st time IVF didn't work as it seems my eggs are difficult to penetrate. It was really disappointing but also good to finally find 'the problem'. So we went for ICSI 2nd time and decided on 'mild' rather than 'natural modified' IVF just in case I didn't respond as well to the stimulation drugs (10 eggs is quite high for modified natural).

1st time cost around £3K and 2nd time cost around £5K all in. But I presume all clinics (mine did) will sit down and go through the possible costs before you start the treatment estimating the amount of blood tests and drugs you'll need. Different for everyone.

Thank you! the prices are quite manageable unlike ARGC's. I checked UCH's website and they also do natural IVF. I think we would probably go straight for ICSI considering our sperm count. I have been feeling far more positive about the whole thing since you told me about natural cycle IVF. I did not know it was an option. Such a relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->