IVF tips and tricks?

EEG2010

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, I have been stalking this board for a while now. I figured I would post my question, here is my background.

37 ttc for over a year, 6 months with RE.
Polycystic ovaries, tubes clear, blood work good.
Husband has great sperm, thank god. Had a polyp removed from uterus.

3 Failed IUI's - uterine lining a bit low each time at 6. No other problems.
I will be starting IVF at the end of December beginning of January.

What have you ladies done to prepare yourself, i.e. eat and drink or do before hand and afer, and did you get a :bfp: ??

I want to do whatever I can to help this IVF along.

Thanks!

oooh we are very similar....I had a polyp removed from my uterus and 3 failed IUIs! I would definitely recommend CoQ10, I just did IVF and had an amazing results for my age....had 20 eggs collected and ended up with 10 day 5 blastocysts. Unfortunately the 2 that we transferred did not stick, but Im confident that one of the 10 will be 'the' one. I used the high absorbant coQ10 as I only started a month before my IVF. obviously I dont know if it helped for sure, but I was really happy with my response.

people also suggest accupunture around the egg transfer, but I wasnt able to co-ordinate that.

good luck :flower:

oooh we are very similar....I had a polyp removed from my uterus and 3 failed IUIs! I would definitely recommend CoQ10, I just did IVF and had an amazing results for my age....had 20 eggs collected and ended up with 10 day 5 blastocysts. Unfortunately the 2 that we transferred did not stick, but Im confident that one of the 10 will be 'the' one. I used the high absorbant coQ10 as I only started a month before my IVF. obviously I dont know if it helped for sure, but I was really happy with my response.

people also suggest accupunture around the egg transfer, but I wasnt able to co-ordinate that.

good luck :flower:

Ohh thank you! So how much CQ10 did you take and you said you took it for a month before.. I will have to start now. I will also look into the accupuncture.. you never know.

Here's an article about IVF and acupuncture:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2008/02/08/acupuncture-fertility.html

I have done some research and found there are some IVF clinics that do acupuncture there as part of the transfer. Otherwise, I would try to find an acupuncturist or traditional chinese medicine practicioner that specializes in fertility. The TCM may also provide some help to build up the uterine lining so it may be worth visiting one before you schedule the IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->