Jack Edward Joseph born 8.3.09 (On Time!!!!!!!!!)

claire-lou

Jack & Martha's Mummy
Reaction score
Sorry this is long and I had to use my notes to remeber times etc.

I begun having what I thought were BH on friday 6th around tea time. They were coming every five minutes and were uncomfortable but not painful, so we carried on as usual even going out for a meal. DH was on nights and we questioned if he should go in but too be honest I was convinced that it was BH and that it would all stop as it had done so many times over the last few weeks. I had planned to go stay with my mum and dad while DH was on nights anyway, so DH goes to work and off I trot to mums (with labour bag in tow just in case).

Was still having 'BH' when I went to bed around 11 they were still 5 mins apart and still didn't hurt. I awoke at 1am with horrendous pain in my back lasting 30 seconds at a time and still 5 mins apart. I went to the loo a number of times and an hour later was beginning to get scared DH was at work, I wasn't in my own house and I thought I was in labour. God I wanted my mum so I woke her up. She was great giving me paracetamol and putting me in a warm bath, she even sat on the floor and kept talking to me. At around 4.30 she suggested I ring DH and let him know what was going on and contact the labour ward. Labour ward told me to stay at home until pain was unbearabale. DH arrived home at 6 and we decided the best thing was for him to try to get some sleep, so mum tried to keep me active dragging me for a walk at 7am telling me she needed milk. (I still think there was more than a pint in the fridge).

Come 1.30 the pain was beginning to grind me down (It was still all in my back) and I contacted labour ward again and was told to go in. Got in car and set off on the 30 min journey, within 15 mins all contractions had stopped, got to hospital and still no sign of a contraction 45 mins later. I was examined and was 1cm dilated. My heart sunk. However my BP was very high and they kept me on a monitor and managed to calm me down and BP returned to normal, urine and everything else was ok, had ketones but couldn't eat cos felt sick. Was given co-codermol and told to go home and try to rest.

Went home and DH went to bed for a few hours while I paced floor and had numerous baths. Come 8pm contractions were still in back, 3 minutes apart but pain was now unbearable and making me vomit with each contraction. Spoke to labour ward and was told to go in. So off we go again.

Got to hospital at 9.45 and I warned the midwife that if I was sent home again I would cry cos I couldn't even take paracetamol now (I'd had the full dose for 24 hours). She laughed examined me and told me not to cry but I was only 2cms, BP was once again sky high and I was seen by the dr. It was decided that it was due to pain and I would be put in a pre-labour room, DH could stay with me over night and they would give me some pethidine. I could have kissed the mw.

Was given pethidine at 11.50 and something for the sickness. Got into bed and managed to sleep untill 1.25 when pain was even worse again in back and now 2 minutes apart, I buzzed mw and was given co-codermol I managed for a further 40 mins but it had made no difference so buzzed again and got a different mw who told me to get in bath, which I tried to do but I couldn't sit down and due to the pethidine was falling asleep between contractions. So got out, as I did this I got a sudden urge to push. In a panic I buzzed again and the original mw returned and examined me 5cms :happydance::happydance::happydance:AT LAST. She gave me gas and air and arranged my transfer back to the labour ward, assurring me by the time they had got me settled over there i could have more pethidine (which I didn't get. I'm not convinced it did anything for the pain anyway but made me feel good between contractions).

We arrived on labour ward at 3.55 and the urge to push was getting stronger the mw told me not to push and tried to settle me in. As soon as she left room I got a massive contraction and really needed to push so DH did as I demanded and buzzed her back in. The mw and student both returned and they tried to calm me down telling me I wasn't ready to push. I assured her I was. Then my waters broke. At this time I think my heart sank, there was meconium (Sorry sp) in them.

I was still adement I wanted to push and so was examined again and was 10cms. :cloud9::cloud9: but was told that we were not going to actively push for an hour but not to fight the urge. The next hour seemed to take forever but DH was a rock passing vomit bowls,glasses of water, gas & air and offering me constant reassurance.

I was extremely scared when the resusitation station was wheeled into the room and the oxgyen masks etc turned on before I begun to push. However was told to begin pushing at 5.40 DH watched it all and I remember hearing him say "god it's massive" as I attempted to part with his head. Baby Jack was born at 6.09 on sunday 8th march weighing 8lb 4oz. He was placed directly onto my chest while DH cut the cord but Jack was gurgling when breathing so was whisked onto the resusitation station but was soon back with me and had a feed 30 minutes after birth.

My DH was a rock though out the entire experience and I got the vaginal delivery I was desperate for and even managed without an epidural which I thought would be impossible.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 59
awww what a wonderful birth story :cloud9: huge congratulations to you and your OH on the birth of baby jack x

Congrats he is beautiful x

Awww Claire he is a little darling big congratz to you and Oh, Glad you got the birth you wanted hunn.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Great story...he is gorgeous!!! x

congratulations hes gorgeous and well done to you and OH.

huge congratulations - he is lovely! x

loved reading your birth story, congrats hes gorgeous. x

Congratulations, he is very cute! xx

Congratulations :happydance: all the best for the future :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->