Jacket Potatoes

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Ok this is probably going to sound really dumb but I'm clueless about food so please forgive me :rofl:

Is there a way to bake jacket potatoes without adding *tons* of salt but still get them to come up crispy? (My mum always absolutely smothered hers in salt and I've just copied her).

And if I did add salt to the skin, would it be ok to give LO the potato inside and not the skin? Or would the salt affect the potato inside too??

Sorry for the dumb question but I don't want to offer jacket potato with the amount of salt that I usually add :blush:

Thanks x

Just put them into the oven without salt and the skins will still crisp up nicely over time :)

I never salt mine and they are lovely and crispy

Yep as long as your oven cooking them and no microwave the skins will crisp up x

How do you do them with salt? I've never heard of doing them this way?

I usually cook my potatoes in the microwave until they are completly cooked and then pop them in th oven to crisp up.

I usually cook my potatoes in the microwave until they are completely cooked and then pop them in th oven to crisp up.

yeah same here, i can't imagine cooking a potato with salt?

If you are doing it in the oven wrap the potato in foil (it makes them cook quicker then stick two metal skewers through them so the middle gets cooked thoroughly. Then when the potato is soft take the skewers out and the foil off and leave them in the oven until crispy.

I just bake them as-is and they're always crispy! However I've heard that putting some olive oil on them makes them really crispy.

I usually cook my potatoes in the microwave until they are completly cooked and then pop them in th oven to crisp up.

My mum always used to wash them and then stab with a fork all over and then smoother in salt. She always cooked in the microwave and I've just copied how she cooks them. Never seen her do them any other way!

Oven baked it is then, thanks for the tips:flower:

My mum always used to wash them and then stab with a fork all over and then smoother in salt. She always cooked in the microwave and I've just copied how she cooks them. Never seen her do them any other way!

Oven baked it is then, thanks for the tips:flower:

Mmm that sounds good! I'm having a craving for salty stuff at the mo, which I know isn't good for me.

Yeah I oil mine and bake in the oven, they are lovely and crispy and always really soft on the inside! Mmmmm.

I always stab my potatoes and then rub them in a little oil, it ends up really crispy, yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->