Jar sizes?

L

Laura--x

I just went out and brought Maisie some dinner jars today.

On the hipp weaning website it says offer 5-10 spoons and a bottle. Thing is, she would take loads more than this! She loves it and doesnt want to stop..

Should i follow her and let her dictate how much she likes or stick to the general guidlines?

Ive been giving her baby rice at lunch time for the past week and a half and started her on some fruity cereal this morining...

I've had the same experience with Aisling, most of the time she'll take alot more than she 'should' according to websites and stuff. I'm just following her lead and letting her eat until she's full - ie turns her head, doesn't open her mouth etc. Sometimes it's after a couple of spoonfuls, other times I have to forrage around in the kitchen for something else to give her because she's polished the lot off! I just think she's better qualified to decide on her appetite than I am :D

Josh takes an whole jar for tea + 8ozs of milk about an hour after. The way I've done it is aslong as he's drinking the amount of milk he's supposed to it's alright. He's on the 50th centile so I know Im not overfeeding him otherwise he'd be alot more!

What i do atm is give her the food then give her a bottle straight after, should i wait a while before giving her bottle? Thats what i was advised to do at first..

also... i give her breakfast around 8.30am then lunch at 12pm.. should i spreadit out so i give her breakfast and dinner and let lunch be the third meal when shes ready for that?

Yep, i introduced lunch last. Even now she sometimes doesn't eat much at all at lunchtime. I used to feed Amelie her solids then wait about an hour then give her a BF :shrug:

Funny, all the advice I've had has been to give milk first and then solids to make sure they fill up on milk and only use solids to supplement, not as their main food...

So give her her breakfast about 8.30am then dinner around 5?? I give her her bath at 6 xx

Sounds good to me Laura. It means she'll be hungry enough by her bedtime bottle that she'll take it and not wake up hungry again.. or atleast that's the theory!

I hope so beause shes started waking at midnight for a bottle again lately!

Thanks hun x

Lu, I've been doing the same milk first then solids about an hour after so milk remains his primary meal :shrug:
As for how much, I follow Dan's lead. Somedays he will take very little, other days i'm madly defrosting more cubes to keep up with him. It's very hit or miss right now :D

I give Katie half a jar followed by a fromage frais.

Seems to enjoy it.

V xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"