Jars of food and freezing?

missy55

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question, at the moment there is no way Lexi would finish a full jar of baby food in one or two sittings (I believe once open they need to be finished within 24 hours?).

Can we split the jars into freezer tubs and freeze them or not?

Thanks x

Not sure I would, if you feed from the jar the rest has to be thrown out but if you spoon a portion into a bowl the rest can be kept refrigirated up to 48 hours,saying that I would not keep it that long x

Keeping it 48 hours is fine. Most food will keep for 3 days in the fridge and it is safe enough but I think they are extra cautious with babies. Abby has 48 hour food and it does no harm.

I did wonder about freezing also. In theory, as long as the food hasn't been frozen after they cooked it but before they packaged it, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you look on Ella's kitchen website (which is the food I give Abby) it says fine as long as it is within 24 hours of opening the pack. Heinz and Hipp don't seem to have any advice.

I'd say do it!

personally i wouldnt, but then i wouldnt freeze my own food either!! unless it says on the label its suitable for home freezing then i would just be careful

Molly lived on frozen jars for about a month! She hatred baby rice and ate such small amounts that I froze the jars in tiny portions. It was our neonatal nurse that actually suggested it.

You can use a jar for up to 48 hours after it has been opened but make sure to take out what you think your LO will eat and put it in a separate bowl before feeding.

I've never heard of freezing it though I don't know why you couldn't as long as you didn't feed out of the jar first?

thanks guys, think I will have to give it a go as there is no way Lexi will be finishing even half a jar at the moment and it seems such a waste, especially as the jars are expensive xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->