jasmine olivia 21st Nov-delayed annoucement!!!

naomi

Reaction score
Hi!
I know I gave birth 2 weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to put my story on until now!!!
Anyways this shouldn't take long as it all happened relatively quickly....thank god!!!

Thursday 20th Nov-woke up,went to the loo and had a bloody show.On and off through out the day I was having very mild contractions but nothing worth reporting.
At 7.30pm the contractions suddenly became a damn sight more painful and more frequent-approx every 5-10 mins-so rang the maternity ward where I was told to just wait at home until they where coming every 5 mins or less.
By 9.30 pm the contractions where extremly painful but still no more frequent but I was really struggling with the pain so I rang the ward again.They told me to pop down if I wanted but they where certain I would be going home again as this was my first baby and it takes a lot longer then a couple of hours LOL!!!!
At 10.10pm I was at the hospital where they checked me over and found I was 3cm dialated-but they said for me to go home as it was likely to still be ages and I'd be better off at home.
At 10.30pm I was just about to go home and my waters broke-so they said I could stay!!!
At 11.15pm the midwife came back in to see me and I told her that it felt like I needed to push-which she told me was ridiculous as I was only 3cm dialated 45 mins ago.She checked me over and I was 9cm dialated!!!!
11.45pm I was 10cm dialated and ready to push!!!
12.06am I had given birth!!!!!!

I had no pain relief either as there just wasn't time!!I can't believe it happened sooooo quickly as 'they' say that in most cases your labour is very similar to your mothers-and she was in labour for 30 hours with me and needed 20 stitches...this was worrying me all the way through my pregnancy!

I have just been soooo lucky with the labour and although I don't want to 'count my chickens' my little angel is such a good baby too!!!Its just such a relief as you read so many 'nightmare' birth stories that it nice to know (and experience!) a pleasent birth.....but hats off to all those ladies out there that haven't had as easy.

So at 12.06am on Friday 21st November 2008 Jasmine Olivia was born weighing 7lbs 1oz....and even if I do say so myself she is just perfect!!!!

I'll try and post some piccies but I'm not sure if I know how!!!!!

Attachments

• SL380044 - Copy.jpg
    SL380044 - Copy.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 145
what a little cutie!
Congratulations :)

Congrats! Great name aswell, great minds think alike lol

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Congrats!! My cs's labour was similar, but then he was my 2nd!

Jamine is gorgeous xxx

Aww, your little girl is so cute! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!!!

Congratulations! she's beautiful!!
Well Done!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back