Jasmine or Gemma

Jasmine, bu that's mostly because most of the Gemma's I knew were....well....not great. I didn't know many, just a few over the years, but each one was a piece of work. So I guess I'm biased! The name Gemma is pretty, but Jasmine has so much more substance.

I prefer Gemma and not just because it's my name, hehe!. I've never been a fan of Jasmine.

:flower:

I love Jasmine, it's one of my LO's middle names. While I do like Gemma, I see it as very much a name of my generation.

Gemma it's my name! Quite common over her in the uk though I know it's relatively unheard of in the US :)

Jasmine, bu that's mostly because most of the Gemma's I knew were....well....not great. I didn't know many, just a few over the years, but each one was a piece of work. So I guess I'm biased! The name Gemma is pretty, but Jasmine has so much more substance.

Awww I'm not a piece of work :winkwink:

my names is Jemma I spell it with a J, im named after my great grandfather who's nickname was Jem short for James. I like it this way, iv never met anyone else with the J :)

I prefer Gemma. It's quite uncommon where I live, and it's very pretty.

Jasmine. It sounds exotic and Gemma sounds...well...totally not exotic!

Jasmine. It sounds exotic and Gemma sounds...well...totally not exotic!

Gemma is Latin for gem (jewel) it has its own charm I think, no not exotic but not without character :)

Jasmine! Gemma is really common in uk which is probably why I prefer Jasmine. It was on my list but one of my friends called his baby that so it's out for me :-(

Gemma, it's a lot more classic. I know 2 girls named Jasmine and they're equally trashy so I'm afraid that name has bad connatations associated with it!

I like Gemma the best. I've never met one, in the several states I've lived in, so I like that. I do like Jasmine, but it has too many associations for my taste: Aladdin and um, dancers' names, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->