Jewlerry question

Miss_d

Reaction score
I've been looking to purchase wedding rings for myself and my OH. We seen lovely 9ct white gold rings in a privately owned jewellers great price. But looking on other jewellers websites like Ernest jones goldsmiths etc the price difference is huge. For the same ring ie 9ct white hold 4mm there's a really big price difference.

So is the price the only difference as I'm totally confused with this.

Can you ask the little place if the rings are from the same makers and can they prove it, alsi can you find out if this shop has a good reputation.
It may just be they are trying to compeat with the bigger chains and desperatly lowering prices to stay afloat

A 9ct gold ring SHOULD be hallmarked with a stamp saying '375'

Do not buy if it doesnt have this as this is like the guarentee if you know what I mean

Even the small independent jewellers have to follow the assay office guidelines regarding hallmarks so i'm sure it will be the same quality as the bigger retail shops.

xxx

Yeah both are hallmarked too. I just had a look on Argos too and they are even cheaper there. All it is that we've been looking at is plain wedding band. I just think its a huge price difference from one shop to another.

There are many things that can affect the price hun.

For example if it is a D shape ring (if you cut it in half widthways it would look like a D) they are lighter and cheaper. If it is a court, or comfort fit - they are rounded in the middle and weigh heavier, which bumps the price up alot because they can weigh twice as much.

So while they look the same, there can be differences.

I noticed this but went to Hsamuals in the end as I figure you can trust a big company

Yeah I think I'm just going to go with a bigger company too. I did see a lovely one in Ernest jones that's the one I keep thinking about. Will go out again at the weekend and have another look x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->