Jimmy Johns?

KDmomof3

Reaction score
My work bought us lunch today so I got the BLT and heated the bacon strips until piping steaming hot. After half of it was in my tummy (starving pregnant lady over here) I got the notion to check into mayo during pregnancy. To find out the Jimmy's uses Hellmans Real Mayo, what I CAN find points that they use raw egg in that type of mayo.

WORRYING NOW!!

5 weeks 5 days pregnant. :nope:

I really think hellmans uses pasteurised eggs. It's just freshly made mayo that has raw egg I think.

I've been eating hellmans mayo through my pregnancies, I haven't got a jar in to check right now but I really think I've looked into it before

:hugs: the chances of that being raw egg, and then that raw egg giving you salmonella is so teeny tiny hun. Try not to worry xx

To be honest Hun I wouldn't panic. If it is real mayo then you have only eaten it once. Think how many women don't find out they are pregnant till much later on and how much they must eat which is on the no no list. I mean I found out i was pregnant at 15dpo just after Xmas and over the Xmas period I must have eaten so many of the things they say you aren't allowed. I wouldn't over stress about it. Sure all is fine :)

I'd say you're fine. I've read that all commercially packaged have the eggs pasteurized to kill any harmful bacteria. I think the main harm is any homemade mayonnaise :)

Agree with the above poster. From what I have heard its ok if its bottled/packaged dressing and mayo. If it's made in house at restaurants then its not ok. Most places use bottled or else specify, but if not just ask :). I'm sure if it was jimmy johns its processed and then you are fine!

Even in raw eggs, the chance of them carrying salmonella is 1 in 200,000.

Hellmans is pasturised and suitable for preg ladies. ...eat away lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->