Jo frost extreme parental guidance.

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Did anyone watch this last night?

Im just watching on sky+ and im shocked.

When she showed young girls different pictures of them at varias weights and they kept picking the skinner version of them selves i actually felt sick :growlmad:

What has gone so wrong that girls as young as five worry that their to fat!!

I saw some of it, but feel asleep around 9.40 oh dear! I thought that little boy was so sad bless him. IMO i think it is verging on some kind of abuse. Even though i understand she wasn't doing it maliciously or to hurt him but still. I can only imagine what those girls are going through :(

I cant watch her she irritates me, she can be so patronizing sometimes x

That is terrible though about the young girls, its really sad.

Yeah the thing is she doesn't have children of her own, some sometimes when she asks the parents to be harsh on their kids, she doesn't understand how hard it is for them x

Iv got this on series link.not watched last nights yet but did you watch last weeks,with the boy "addicted" to computer games to the point he was having fits?i felt so sorry for his mum coz she was struggling so much being a single mum.i just wanted to jump in my tv and give her a hug!!
Looking forward to watching last nights.hopefully get the chance today!!

Iv always thought that alowing a child to become that obese is paramount to child abuse. I know she isnt beating him but she is damaging him.

Its sick that she knows full well what she is doing but didnt change. still only walf way through the shoe so hopefully she will sort herself out by the end

grrr i forgot to watch it, its the 2nd time now, ill watch it later on the net.

I've watched both episodes so far. Some of the cases are shocking! £200 on a Juicy Couture tracksuit for a 9 year old?! That boy last night who was overweight made me nearly cry. When he was sat on his trampoline looking so miserable, my heart just ached for him. Good on Jo for being so harsh with his Mum, I think she needed that.

I love Jo Frost, even when I don't agree with everything she says. I've got her book, and it's given me some really useful advice since my LO was born.

I was horrified when those 6 year olds were all saying they wanted to be 2 or 3 pictures skinnier than they really are. What on earth are we doing to our children?

Its actually scary seeing how warped those little girls body image was.

I dont know why everyone is so obsessed with weight nowdays

I found it sickening that 6 year olds said "Ewww" at pictures of slightly larger children who weren't even overweight! And they all wanted to be slimmer. At that age it is appalling!

the bit that shocked me the most was:
"do you think girls that are chubby should wear make-up?"
"no because fatter girls dont look very nice with make-up on, so they should just stay as they are and dont worry about make-up because it might make them look a bit ugly."

nice :thumbup:

Watching this now and OMG that little boy weighs the same as me,and im about two foot taller than him!!the mum should be ashamed.she is the one putting the food in front of him and not even attempting to counteract it with exercise!!

The bit with the little girls and the pictures though, whilst it was shocking, it has actually really made me think. I don't have great body self-image, but I'm really thinking now about what kind of message I want to send to my baby girl. Luckily she's only 4 months old, so I have time to change both myself and the way I feel about myself. I don't want to be passing on the message to her that bodies are something to be ashamed of, unless they are skinny and airbrushed :blush:

I agree!!
I didnt grow up with my mum so I cant blame her for my poor self image,but I certainly dont want to project it onto my LO!!its amazing the sort of things children can pick up on,and somewhat scary!!

The bit with the little girls and the pictures though, whilst it was shocking, it has actually really made me think. I don't have great body self-image, but I'm really thinking now about what kind of message I want to send to my baby girl. Luckily she's only 4 months old, so I have time to change both myself and the way I feel about myself. I don't want to be passing on the message to her that bodies are something to be ashamed of, unless they are skinny and airbrushed :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epOg1nWJ4T8

have to say for children of 6 years old i dont think its down to media really as its not like a 6 year old can pick up a heat and understand the pictures.

Iv found that mothers who worry about their weight tend to have daughters who do. not saying all mothers but its very easy to pass on insecuritys like that to kids without even noticing

have to say for children of 6 years old i dont think its down to media really as its not like a 6 year old can pick up a heat and understand the pictures.

Iv found that mothers who worry about their weight tend to have daughters who do. not saying all mothers but its very easy to pass on insecuritys like that to kids without even noticing

No-one was saying the media were to blame :shrug:

No-one was saying the media were to blame :shrug:

sorry i should have said, in the video posted above it had alot of media images of skinny models.

should have been clearer in my post :flower:

Oh,i cant see the video coz im on my phone :blush:
It all makes sense now.lol,sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back