Job/TTC

MrsLux

Reaction score
Ladies, just interested....
What do you do for work and how does it/does it impact on TTC?
I am a Nurse (deputy sister) -also trained as a madwife so work shifts and sometimes this puts more pressure on getting the BD'ing done in the 'window of opportunity' especially when I am working late/early all you wanna do is shower eat and sleep!!!!
Anyone share my frustration?

Madwife?! LOL. :) I'm sorry that you are having trouble finding the energy to DTD in that tiny little window!

Unfortunately, yes! I can totally share the frustration. I am a full-time student Mon-Fri. After classes, I'm obviously home studying (mentally exhausted), I volunteer at Meals on Wheels 2day/week for 3 hrs each day, and I work as a CNA in a SNF every Sat & Sun(which kicks my a** every time. EVERY day after work my back is killing me) So I am going-going-going 7 days/week. And between the mental, emotional and physical exhaustion, I almost NEVER want to BD. I always just want to go straight to sleep. :( POOR POOR POOR DH.

Madwife was not a typo ;)
Had to Google CNA - excuse my ignorance! Different lingo and all ;) What speciality do you work in?
I totally get the emotional exhaustion thing!!

I forget the abbreviations are different in different areas, so excuse MY ignorance! So my job... Skilled nursing in a rehab facility. I deal mostly with people post surgery/stroke/cancer etc. a lot of broken hips and legs means a lot of heavy lifting for me! The pain and death that surrounds me sometimes is so discouraging that I second guess bringing a little bundle into this world. :/ It is honestly the most physically and emotionally demanding job I've ever had.

How do you do with your job?

My job doesn't impact, I'm a teacher so mon-fri usual hours, but my Dh works alllllll the time, nights, sometimes days, so crazy sleep schedule, and on top of that is away for work a lot of weekends. So this totally impacts it! Being that he's often not here, or when he is he's sometimes exhausted

I currently split between Neuro rehab and elderly medicine. You are so right it is heavy and both physically and emotionally demanding.
What cycle day are you at? I'm getting ready to start my first time doing OPK's properly!
Crazycatlady my SIL is a teacher...sounds pretty stressful and she brings a lot of work home!?

I forget the abbreviations are different in different areas, so excuse MY ignorance! So my job... Skilled nursing in a rehab facility. I deal mostly with people post surgery/stroke/cancer etc. a lot of broken hips and legs means a lot of heavy lifting for me! The pain and death that surrounds me sometimes is so discouraging that I second guess bringing a little bundle into this world. :/ It is honestly the most physically and emotionally demanding job I've ever had.

How do you do with your job?

Yeah it is stressful at times and I bring work home every night, that part might have more of an impact on parenting than ttc I think though. It hasn't got in the way of ttc, maybe at report card time it will! I didn't even see Dh last night though, he got home in the wee hours of the morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->