joint pain??

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hi everyone, at around 13 weeks I started getting really bad pains in my feet. Whenever I took off my runners I felt like I had been wearing heels all day, the balls of my feet were really tender. Then, I started getting the same pain in my hands, like I had no strength in my hands, I can't grasp things tightly and my wrists and joints just ache really badly. I am now also getting the pain in my shoulders and elbows..has anyone else had anything similar? My midwife didn't offer an explanation, she just said I might have to do physio..

Have you been drinking enough water and taking the vitamins? I was having horrible joint/muscle pain and I'm an active person. This was leading to tension migraines (never had muscle tightness before) and my OB suggested I take 1-2 tabs of NUUN tablet electrolytes a day and up my water intake, and also stay away from tons of salt. She also said I need to take more breaks during the day, and even nap!

Since I have been doing these things and drinking more water than I thought I ever could (120 oz per day), I have been sleeping better and not as stiff. But of course ask your provider! Good luck and hope you find some relief. :flower:

Have you been drinking enough water and taking the vitamins? I was having horrible joint/muscle pain and I'm an active person. This was leading to tension migraines (never had muscle tightness before) and my OB suggested I take 1-2 tabs of NUUN tablet electrolytes a day and up my water intake, and also stay away from tons of salt. She also said I need to take more breaks during the day, and even nap!

Since I have been doing these things and drinking more water than I thought I ever could (120 oz per day), I have been sleeping better and not as stiff. But of course ask your provider! Good luck and hope you find some relief. :flower:

thanks for your reply, I actually drink quite a lot of water as I find I am always thirsty, not really a bit salt person either but I have a doctors appt on monday so hopefully she can shed some light :) just gets so frustrating when doing the most simple of tasks becomes a pain :(

Right there with you :). Keep me updated with what she says. I feel crippled some days and I used to be an active person. :(

Right there with you :). Keep me updated with what she says. I feel crippled some days and I used to be an active person. :(

Yeah I will, I just hope she can actually tell me something useful! It seems to get worse when I'm walking because when my hands are kept down by my sides they keep swelling and the blood keeps going straight to them and then they get really stiff, but yet my blood pressure is fine :S

well she couldn't really offer any helpful info, she just said that it is probably due to swelling and ligaments loosening :/ so I think we just have to deal with it..yayyy:dohh:

It is quite normal, but sometimes, taking your vitamin will help quite a bit. I've had these symptoms as a normal part of pregnancy, but I've also had them exacerbated because of a lack of vitamins (potassium, B vitamins).

It is quite normal, but sometimes, taking your vitamin will help quite a bit. I've had these symptoms as a normal part of pregnancy, but I've also had them exacerbated because of a lack of vitamins (potassium, B vitamins).
yeah I've been taking a complete prenatal :( it only seems to be getting worse, I tried to pick something up earlier and got a really sharp pain run through my hand to my wrist, getting ridiculous :( just worry I won't be able to do anything pretty soon

Sounds like carpal tunnel in your hands and feet. It's common in pregnancy I think it's because of the extra fluid. Try some compression gloves and socks should help and keep moving the joints. Nor sure about your other joints. I have arthritis which is different but try to keep the joints mobile with gentle exercises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->