Jo's recipe collection!

jem_5500

Reaction score
I keep posting and adding htings so thought i would just do my own recipe thread as I find things I cook we love.

Most htings I do are bulk cooked and then frozen so we are covered if baby comes and also those times where money runs out you know you still have a great meal.

So here is a 3 cheese risoto- Jamie Oliver but froze fantastically well. You do not have to use the cheese it suggests i am making it again but i have brie and goats cheese?!

litre hot chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
3 sticks celery, trimmed and finely chopped
400g risotto rice
2 glasses of dry white wine
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
100g Appenzeller or Gruyere cheese, roughly chopped
100g taleggio cheese, roughly chopped-like brie but quite expensive
75g butter
50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese

serves 6 -we got more than this out of it!!

Heat the stock in a pan over a moderate heat. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions, garlic and celery, and fry gently for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the rice to the pan and turn up the heat. Cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly, until the rice looks slightly translucent. Add the wine and keep stirring - any alcohol flavours will evaporate.

Once the wine has been absorbed by the rice, add your first ladle of hot stock and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to a simmer so the rice doesn't cook too quickly on the outside. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next, until the rice is cooked but still holds its shape - this takes about 15 minutes.

Stir in the Appenzeller and taleggio. Remove the pan from the heat and season to taste, then beat in the butter and Parmesan. Place a lid on the pan and leave to rest for 2 to 3 minutes - your risotto will get nice and oozy. Enjoy!

8 oz self raising flour
4 oz margarine or butter
3 to 4 oz caster sugar
up to 8 oz mixed fruit
1 egg
1/4 to 1/2 pint of milk - add gradually depending on stiffness of mix you want
heaped teaspoon of mixed spice

Rub margarine into flour until resembles fine breadcrumbs
Carefully stir in the sugar and mixed spice
Stir in fruit
Add the egg and the milk until cake-like consistency
Put in greased tin and put at top of oven for cooking
Cook gas mark mark 5 or 180 F for about 45 minutes, until golden brown and a knive inserted comes out clean.

bag onions red/white/shallots whats ever you want-thinly sliced

1tbsp flour

garlic clove -crushed

2 pins stock of your choice

dribble of wine if you have it

dried herbs de provence

optional cream and/or gruyere/parmasan

S and P

thinly slice the onions and on a low heat cook down in oil and butter.

when softened but not brown add flour stir in cook for 1 minute

add wine and cook off the alcohol.

Add the stock and bring to the boil addin gin your herbs and s and P to taste I dfind it needs a fair amount of pepper.

boil for 10-20 minutes and adjust seasoning as needs be as usual I do it all on taste and eye!

Just before serving add a dash of cream if you would like but dont let it boil with cream in.

Serve topped with cheese and bread-we often do giant gruyere croutons with a baguette so they float on top and as a little suprise I put cheese in the bottom of the bowl so you get hte yummy gooey but at the bottom

Freezes really well to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->