Joshua Jacob. my second AI baby.

topazicatzbet

mummy to 3 boys
Reaction score
sorry its long.

Well its def true that no 2 births are the same, with my first my waters broke so I had to be induced. I was so calm, handled every thing no screaming or crying.

I expected to be the same with this one. How wrong I was. Lol.

I was due on fri 22nd and all week before I had had a horrible cold and was really struggling with my breathing and asthma, id had no sleep at all cos of being ill and while I was desperate for labour to start, knew I wasn’t up to it.

Sat aft I started getting strong bh all day with the odd one being painful, went to bed and they went same happened all day sun and mon.

Mon evening id been to visit my gran in hospital, got home and went to bed to watch some tv. I started getting pains at 10pm so timed them and they were coming every 7-17 mins. After 1.5 hrs I decided I was def in labour so informed my parents (I live with them now with my sons)

Got my mum to help put on the tens machine and we all went to bed. I tried getting some sleep but the pains were too uncomfortable so I ended up sat most of the night on laptop and going back and forth to loo.

DS1 then woke up and took ages to get back of to sleep, and I ended up bringing him in bed in my room while I watched east enders on catch up. Lol.

Come 6am they pains were coming every 3-4 mins lasting an average of 45 sec and they really hurt, tens wasn’t really helping so I rang delivery and they said to come in.

Rang my sister as she was gonna be at the birth as well as my mum and we slowly got ready and dropped ds1 off at nursery (lucky he was there that day) and we made our way in.

Got to the maternity assessment unit only to be abruptly told that I could only have one person with me in there so my poor sis had to go sit down stairs.

When they checked me I was 2-3cm so said I wasn’t in labour but to go for a walk for an hour or so.
So we went and got breakfast, but the pains were really bad and the tens wasn’t doing anything. I was getting them in the front but also in my back and bum.
We ended up going back up on the hour but they left me at least another 45 mins before checking again and I was still 2-3 cm. I was gutted.
The midwife again said I wasn’t in labour. (I could have hit her) she reluctantly let me stay there and have the gas and air which helped but I was in agony with the pains in the bottom of my bump and in my bum. I was so tired from not sleeping all week I just couldn’t stay active and started get really upset.
My mum was great and really supportive rubbing my back and trying to encourage me to move.

At 11.15 I asked if I could have any other pain killers as the gas and air wasn’t helping much and I was feeling worse from being so woozy, so was given some co coda mol.

I had wanted to avoid any codeine or morphine as im rather sensitive to it but I needed something else.
The mw all along was rather abrupt and I think she must have thought I was pathetic.

About 20 mins later another mw took pity on me lol and offered me diamorphine and a bed to lay on. (only had a trolley up to then.) so I took it, they gave me some anti sickness as well to help with my sensitivity. That really helped and I was able to zone out for a bit.

The fact that I had chilled out for a bit must have really helped cos when she checked me at 1pm I had got to 5-6cm and was IN LABOUR. They soon wiped me off to delivery suite, bet she thought good riddance, the wuss. Lol

Got to delivery suite and met my new midwife and she was lovely, I also had a student and she was fab too. I would def recommend having a student there I got the best care ever as she was being taught all the protocols and she stayed with me constantly. The mw was there nearly all he time too, completely different to my experience with callum.

They arranged for an epidural for me and while he set up I went to the loo but I couldn’t pee but lost my plug big time down the loo.

Epidural went in easy and it worked, yay. I had one with callum and it didn’t work.

Spent the next few hours resting and talking. My sis had been allowed in once we got to delivery.

During this time they had the odd drop in lo heart rate and is movements dropped to the minimum they like to see so they had me lay on my side and that sorted him out, they also gave me some fluids as my bp was low.

About 4.30 the pains started to come back strong, they checked the epidural and were debating if it had moved but decided it was ok (I now think it had moved as it stopped working for the rest of the labour.)
I also had a good coughing fit now and my waters went a bit.

They checked me again at 5pm. The student first and she said she could feel membranes but wouldn’t say how far she thought I was so when the mw checked and said that I was fully dilated I was well chuffed. The student hadn’t wanted to say it incase she was wrong and got my hopes up. Lol

The mw then broke my waters completely and we tried pushing a little. They were happy with how I had manage to move him down but he was still high up so they decided to give him an hour for gravity and give me a top upon the epidural which didn’t do anything and I had to use the gas and air again for this hour.

So at 6pm I started pushing again, but I was exhausted and just couldn’t get my breath, and started getting upset again.

they then got concerned cos lo heart rate dropped to 60 odd and stayed there so they buzzed for help and the senior mw came in, but while they were waiting for her they moved the monitor and decided they had worried for nothing, they had picked up my heart rate instead of his and once they found his he was fine, but it was a daja vu moment to the birth of ds1.

The senior mw stayed a bit and helped with the pushing then when she was confident we were ok she left.
I kept pushing and they were great tell me I was almost there, I just didn’t feel like I was getting anywhere and was so tired, I actually asked them to drag him out. Lol. The midwifes reply was, as soon as I can see ears I will. Lol.

A bit more pushing and his head was out and then his body at 18.32. He came out screaming and the first thing we all said was blimey look at all that hair.

They dried him down cut the cord and we did skin to skin while the placenta was delivered.

They then checked me over and I had a tear in the perineum and they weren’t sure if I would need to go to theatre for it stitching but the senior mw came back in and she stitched it up for me. That blooming stung as the epi def wasn’t working so had a bit of gas and air but think my lo was the best pain killer.

They then took him to be weighed and he came in at 8lb 1oz.

We stayed in hospital over night and came home at tea time the next day. Im surprised how well in myself I feel this time as with ds1 I felt really ill (forceps and big blood loss)

His big brother loves him to bits, my heart melts every time I see my boys have a cuddle and so far breast feeding is going ok.

Attachments

• josh2.jpg
    josh2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 52
  • josh.jpg
    josh.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 45
  • SAM_0720.jpg
    SAM_0720.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 56
  • best bros.jpg
    best bros.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 49
Wow a lovely ending to a tough birth story - your boys are gorgeous Beth xxx

Next time a girl?! hehehehe

Love ya lots and love to Callum and Josh xxxx

hes so gorgeous :D glad the birth went well x

Well done babe. Sorry it was a little bit tough on you this time but you did really well, especially after how worried you were about it xx

What a little cutie, Ellis was born with lots of hair too! Congratulations x x x

So cute and yes what a lot of hair! Congratulations, really enjoyed reading your birth story. :flower:

Awww, sooo much hair!!! Lovely, he looks like a tiny monchichi! He's a cutie! :happydance:

he is gorgeous beth just like callum and all that hair!! :) well done xx

Awww congratulations hun.I love the picture of your 2 boys together.You did so well through labour,well done.x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->