Judge rules 7 year old should have radiotherapy against mother's wishes...

stardust599

Reaction score
Came across this news story and wondered what other's opinions are on it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20807984

I'll be back with my opinion once kiddies are in bed! :flower:

I'm glad the judge ruled that way, the poor boy did not have a very good survival chance without the radiotherapy. Parents shouldn't be able to deny life-saving medical treatment to their children.

The right decision was made. It's horrible to witness (my Dad recently had Leaukemia, clear now) but it really is the best thing to do. Whilst she is the parent he is not her possession and at only 7 years old, should be given the best chance to live.

Interesting to read about her supposed media deals, makes you wonder if publicity was one of the things that drove her?

As a parent i would rather my child have the best chance of survival regradless of the side effects it could cause - and am glad that the child has been given the opportunity

At the end if the day the risk of side effects is irrelevant if the child doesn't survive. Although I do feel for the mother given her beliefs are so strong, I do think the right decision has been made.
She doesn't seem to see that without this treatment her son is likely to die.
Heartbreaking for any mother to go through but sometimes you have to just trust experts.

After hearing some of the other things about this i think if the mother was given a psych evaluation she would be suffering from some sort of Munchausen's. Obviously not fabricating it but thriving on the attention from having a sick child and the treatment would "fix" him.

I read she even refused anti ematic drugs for nausea after surgery - almost sounds like she wants him to suffer.I can't agree with her him living far outweighs the side effects in my opinion

Oh dear, she didn't do herself any favours on Daybreak yesterday :/

Me, me, me, me, me, me. Quite a selfish deluded woman.

She did not come across well on Daybreak did she! She sounded like she didnt know what she was talking about! Surely if this was your childs life you would be able to talk in detail about these other therapies she wants x

After hearing some of the other things about this i think if the mother was given a psych evaluation she would be suffering from some sort of Munchausen's. Obviously not fabricating it but thriving on the attention from having a sick child and the treatment would "fix" him.

This.

There is something wrong with this woman. Her concerns about treatment were it would effect his iq, what sort of mother gives a damn about that when your child's life is at risk.

I read she was ready to sue anyone involved if he suffered side effects. Craziness.

But it also bothers me the headline here isn't "Judge rules in dad's favour" like the fact there were two parents in this scenario doesn't matter

I'm glad the judge ruled that way, the poor boy did not have a very good survival chance without the radiotherapy. Parents shouldn't be able to deny life-saving medical treatment to their children.

Agreed :thumbup:

I agree with the other ladies, I was really relieved when I had heard the judge ruled in favour of the doctors, there is something really unsettling about that woman :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->