JULIEN Middle Name Help (Oliver, Atlas, Benedict, Cirrus, Ivo?) LONG LIST!

future_twins

Reaction score
For a boy, we love Jules (hubby is French and it's his grandfather's name) What is your VOTE on the spelling and WHY: Does one seem more masculine to you??)

1.) Julien (this is the French spelling which I prefer because the A spelling reminds me of Julianne the girls name)

2.) Julian (this is the English/familiar spelling)

For Middle Names what are your thoughts on:
Julien Oliver (flows nicely, sounds smart/sophisticated to me)
Julien Cirrus (like the cloud)
Julien Atlas (We love travel! Strong Roman God/Titan name that held the world on his shoulders)
Julien Ivo (worried people will pronounce like EYE-VO instead of EVO??)
Julien Benedict (OK, but apparently, it’s a Girls name in France.)

Some other suggestions:
Aiden - Irish, means little and fiery, popular though.
Adler - means “Eagle” used more often as surname.
Jet - Different? it’s very energetic and connected to Travel, but Jules Jet sounds like Joan Jet!
Jonah - This is my 2nd choice for a 1st Name!
Leo - OK, but too trendy maybe.
Lucas, Luc or Luca - OK, but super trendy now.
Noah - I like, but it's The trendiest name of 2015 - So No…
Tobin - OK…
Cyprus - Interesting "place" name though we're not Greek.

Julian and Jonah would my top 2 as well. :) I prefer Julian as it seems like the easier spelling but I think Julien is fine as well. Neither strikes me as more masculine/feminine than the other.

I like Julian Oliver, it sounds very nice, but Atlas is also one of my guilty pleasures and I think it works as a middle name, so that would probably be my choice! Oliver is a close second, though.

i think my top choice is Julien Atlas from your list. In terms of the spelling, I agree with pp that one doesn't look more masculine or feminine than the other- so whichever you're more comfortable with.

and when i saw Ivo, i pronounced it Eye-vo in my head. I think it would be a very common mispronunciation, but how often are middle names actually read outloud? what matters most is if you and your OH love the name

good luck!

Ivo. Even though I am choosing that because I thought it was pronounced i-vo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"