Jumperoo or no?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Help!
I just can’t decide what to do. I had one for Rio and he did love it but we probably would’ve done just fine without it. I was thinking of getting Niko one as his main Christmas present but now I’m doubting it. I don’t really want huge things in the way, I remember it was massive and got on my nerves, we already have a big swing in the room this time around. But I also remember how much fun Rio had in it.
What are people’s thoughts on them? Yes or no and why? And if no, what else can I get instead of similar ‘fun factor’ and good enough to be a main present for a 5 month old? I feel like a first time mum here it’s crazy how much I’m questioning this time around!?

We loved ours and I would definitely have one for my next kid. She outgrew her swing way before the jumperoo. They do a space saver one as well now.

We got ours second hand from a friend, we gave her £40 for it. I then passed it on to another friend for free and her son broke it as he was heavy and big for his age 😂 I'd definitely buy second hand again and do something different for a main present!

Gracie was a similar age for her first Christmas, well, slightly younger (10 weeks) and we got her mainly things she needed as she was so young.

I love jumparoos for my babies. I've made sure all of my babies have had them, and they all enjoyed them! I get rid of the swing as soon as my babies start trying to climb out of it, which was around 3-4 months old. My fifth-born is going to be 3 months old this week, and she's already starting to try to sit up in the swing, so I know she won't be able to use it much longer. Since she's reaching out and grabbing things, as soon as she starts to climb out of it, I'll replace it with the jumperoo (which I rig so my babies who aren't standing well on their own can sit in a position that's safe for their hips and not dangle from the crotch, which is important!).

Thanks ladies. Perhaps I’ve forgot how helpful it was lol. I’m just being selfish and thinking of the space but I know he will love it.
Now you’ve mentioned the swing and getting rid when he sits up, what do I do next!? Rio didn’t have a swing just a floor chair thing and he was in that til he was about 8-9 months old or so. He used to sit in it and climb in and out himself. Obviously Niko won’t be able to do that in his swing so am I ok to use just the seat part afterwards (it detaches) ??? Why am I so clueless :haha:

I had a jumperoo, because of the bounce motion my son took longer to learn to walk and had to attend physiotherapy. The first thing they asked was does he have a jumperoo I said yes and they told me to get rid of it. I'm sure they are fine in short bursts but jist something to keep an eye out for xx

I've never had one, but my son does enjoy the one at play group. We have the jolly jumper hanging from the ceiling between the kitchen and living room and both my kids absolutely love(d) it!! If you don't want one taking up space then I wouldn't bother getting one, he won't know any different so he will be fine! As for what would be "good enough" as a main Christmas present, since he'll be 5 months old and have no idea what Christmas is, or what a present is for that matter, I wouldn't worry too much about that. For my daughter's first Christmas we just got her a couple of books. If there isn't anything he really needs then I wouldn't worry about going overboard on a Christmas present. Save the money/sentiment for when he will understand and appreciate it.

Yeah I have read that they are a big no no for development but I'm no expert so do your research, perhaps used now and then it isn't so bad??

W LOVED hers- it meant she could ‘stand’ and see what was going on rather than just being on the floor and she could bounce, turn and play all of her own accord.

She did sound like she was going to crash through the ceiling/floor a few times though :rofl:

We never had any issues with Rio’s walking/development etc but only ever used it for recommended times. I wonder if those cases have anything to do with over use at all?
I’ll probably end up getting one for Niko, and complain the whole time I’ve got it that it’s in the way :haha:
I have old videos of Rio in his that I had a look back on and he was having a great time in it every time! So it seems a no brainer really. It’s on offer £60 at the moment and I’ll probably be able to sell on for around £40 anyway. Thanks all!

Never had any problems here either, we were sensible with it though and obviously, extended overuse of anything can be detrimental!

The size of it was an absolute pain in the arse but seeing W laughing like a loony was the best :haha:

We kept ours from when Anabella was a baby and I've no regrets. Jamie absolutely loves it! As soon as he was ready for the jumperoo, I found he had outgrown the swing , so the jumperoo just took the swing's place. Yes it's big and bulky, but he's only going to be using it for around 6 months and then you'll get the space back.

I wouldn't worry about what will be good enough for a Christmas present though. He's so little, he doesn't have a clue. If you are concerned about spending more for Rio compared to Niko , then I would put the same amount of money your're spending on Rio in a savings account for Niko :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->