June Walking Challenge!

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
Set yourself a goal and complete it simple :thumbup:

Android has loads of apps to help track what youve covered so im guessing other smartphones will provide the same stuff.

Im going set mine to 15miles, i think because im doing alot more stuff all around, fitting everything is going be hard anyways.

What your goal? :D

Yay ! Thanks for starting another thread :)

I'm setting mine to 20miles this month but will be walking and jogging. Only going to include either at the gym or specifically going for a walk. So me deciding to go into town shopping and walking in is not going to count !

So far 1 mile completed 19 to go

I think ill set a small target of 10 because this is my first month exercising xx

Can I join please?

I've started the C25K programme, so technically I'll be running/jogging, but the majority of what I do is walking at the mo!

I'm aiming to do 35 miles I guess. Will only count what I log on my runkeeper app.

3 down, 32 to go :thumbup:

can i join in?

20miles for me :D moving house this month but i need to make time for exercise! mine is going to be done mostly at weekends when my eldest LO is at her grannys, so i can pop my youngest in the pram and walk as far as i like :D xx

Welcome ladies! Course you can.

Best of luck towards hitting your goal x

Hi:wave: I'm trying to shift a few and this sounds like a good idea to me! Never dine ut before so not even sure what I should aim for but I guess around 20 miles?
What app would you recommend? Cocoa whats c25k?

GL - https://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It's a programme that aims to get you running 5k (3miles) in around 9/10 weeks. There are loads of different programs out there, you can find programmes on NHS/BUPA etc too but they're all roughly the same.

I started it a few years ago and found it fantastic. You start off really slowly - 5 min walk to warm up, run 1 minute, walk 1.5mins and alternate between running and walking another 7 times, then 5min cool down. It slowly builds up the time you run and reduces the walking in-between. You get such a sense of acheivement when you finish a week and can run longer/further!

I've got an App called 'Get Running'. It was about £1.19. It tells you when to start walking/running and tells you how long youve got left etc. It can play over your normal music and I also use Runkeeper to keep track via GPS how far I've run and how long etc.

I turn into a bit of a running-geek! Lol. I never kept at it enough to go further than 5k, but you can get 10k programmes too

HTH x :flower:

Its my first month doing this but I'm going to aim for 20 miles. :thumbup:

Got my butt off the sofa and went outside for a run, haven't done that in years and was slot harder than on the treadmill.

1 mile completed

2/20 completed.

How's everyone else doing?

Hiya!

I use one called Tracker on android.

OH got HTC 7, hes is called satrun i think.

Ive done 1.4m :)

I went fir a walk/ jog yesterday morning and did 3.8 kms (I don't actually know mikes very well so I need to google it to convert it) so that's good. I did it a bit like the c25k thing so after a warm up, did 90 seconds running, then 60 seconds walking then again in repetition to 20 minutes it as so hot as well but I managed it,

Also does it count I went for a long walk with oh up to ally pally up A big hill pushing the stroller and then down to the supermarket and then home, with a coffee break in ghd middle? It was similar length to yesterday so I'll say 3 kms, can I count that?

Thanks Lei for doing this, i have been out and about the last few days or i would have started one :blush:

i am going to say 70 miles for June (i think i did about 35 in May, I started half way through) - i aim to walk at least 2 1/4 miles a day as a base then longer walks to playgroup (3 1/2 that day) to get eggs (3 ish) or just a nice long walk :) one day i will walk into town and back (7 miles) not sure when!!!

so far i have managed 7.5 miles but i will be able to do it properly when my eldest 2 are back at school. they moan at the mention of a long walk but we did one yesterday with our friend who was over for the weekend and the eldest (10) said she actually enjoyed it!! it was 5.5 miles so quite a long way for short 6 year legs!!

i must have got unfit over half term cos i ached today!!! :haha:

I was so sore after my first run/walk last week, that I had to take a few days off to let my muscles recover!
I did day 2 of the c25k yesterday though. 3 miles in 41:14 so an improvement on the first one.

6/35 done (I think I was a bit ambitious to say 35! :haha:)

hows it going girls? i want to try to do half by mid way through the month i.e. by weds i need to do another 10.5 :dohh: see how i go!!

Ive not done much either, its bloody been raining...well pouring every day ive been able to go out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->