Junior Echinacea anybody use it?

charlotteb24

Noah & William's Mummy
Reaction score
I have been struggling with illness after illness with Noah after the first few nursery placements! It's true what they say about them catching everything when they start!

Anyway, alongside his usual abidec multi vitamins, I've been giving him junior Echinacea which is supposed to help boost immunity and help to prevent the onset of cold. Anyone have any success stories? Or am I wasting my time?

Or alternitavley! Any other products out there to boost natural immunity? He eats copious ammounts of veg and meat etc and his diet is very healthy!

Yep we started using it in October last yr on our two kids as they kept getting colds and ear infections. It seemed to be effective as they only had one ear infection since then (which is a miracle for them...) and they haven't had any stomach bugs since either. We were also giving them probiotics as a booster for a couple months, it was "Optibac Probiotics For Children With Prebiotics"; think your little guy could also benefit from it while his immune system adjusts.

I don't know if you use one anyway but I think I read somewhere that amber teething necklaces also boost the immune system.

Thank you ladies I will look into it! In the last 3/4 weeks since nursery we've had:

1. Ear infection
2. Conjunctivitis
3. Tonsillitis
4. A nasty sniffly cold

and tonight again a high temperature :( still not right after 2 lots of different anti biotics and eye drops :( i'm so not in a happy place right now! All I want is him well!

That all sounds familiar; in our cases it was the colds and sore throats that lead to the ear infections (as all the mucus is blocking the ear canal which is tiny in kids); then high temperatures etc so GP put them on antibiotics which did nothing; as we later found out the problem is that GPs in the UK (or at least all our past/current GPs) do not give strong enough doses of Ammoxycilin (sp?) and for long enough for what it takes to get rid of ear infections; so they ended up on a few antibiotics each time which again did nothing apart from causing mouth thrush and conjunctivitis. Sadly the antibiotics kill all the good gut bacteria so your little guy def. could use the probiotics. As for the ear infections I also recommend you use some Colloidal Silver; have a Google. We used a few drops in each ear every day (which come out when they sit back up so it's like an ear wash sort of thing), during ear infections, it helped them clear up better than antibiotics.

Thanks Hun I will definatly have a google when I get 5 mins (at work right now!) or when I get home this evening!

The prebiotics, where in the UK sells them? Boots? Or is it a pharmacy job?

Thanks Hun I will definatly have a google when I get 5 mins (at work right now!) or when I get home this evening!

The prebiotics, where in the UK sells them? Boots? Or is it a pharmacy job?

Boots don't do them; they used to do a probiotics drop by Infacol that you could order in but last time I asked about them they said they could no longer order it :shrug: (looked like https://www.babyworld.co.uk/compsminusfirewall/images/infacol_packet1.gif ) so I searched the net and found the "Optibac Probiotics For Children With Prebiotics" which I only found on online pharmacies or online health stores. It's a powder which you just mix the powder in with their milk or yoghurt (equivalent) sort of thing. It's a little pricey but search different sites for the cheapest; it's well worth the ££ for a couple months. Also about milk it's a good idea to limit his intake at the moment as it increases mucus production. So if your little guy can handle it try switching his milk for rice milk w/ calcium (or another milk subsititute) and switch yoghurts for fruit pots, avoid cheese etc 'til he gets better. GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->