Juniper? Thoughts please!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
Our 3 year old just suggested a name and to our complete surprise, we actually both quite like it!

We were 90% set on Tabitha but now I'd say Juniper has thrown us for a loop.

We like the nickname potential; Junie, June and while she's tiny, Nip/Nipper!

I need some more opinions and thoughts to consider as its new to us. If there are any horrible nicknames or major well known Junipers who we haven't heard of etc.

Apparently Micah got it from a film called Walking with Dinosaurs!

I actually love the name Juniper. I think it sounds great for a child and an adult. I can't think of any obvious horrible nicknames.

I think it's a nice name I like Juni a lot

I'm not keen on 'nipper' but that would only be a nn anyway! Also 'nip' might leave a child open to teasing but again, it's not the obvious nn for Juniper anyway

Good call Micah!

I like it! Love junie and june x

I love Tabitha more! Juniper might be made fun of at science class and call her Jupiter? Too bad cause June as a nickname is so pretty!

I love the name Juniper. It was on my list of names if we had a girl. I think Junie is an adorable nickname. :) I don't know of any negative associations and/or nicknames.

I think it does- they're both a bit unusual/ uncommon but not right out there x

I don't mind it but I really don't like Nip/Nipper. Junie and Juno are cute.

Is the baby due in June too? If so I love it even more!

Yes she's due in June! I'm falling for this name I think!

Nip/nipper would just be a silly name lol. But I've also just read that Pip and even Piper are sometimes used as nicknames for Juniper. I'm loving those, although Junie and Juno are probably top of the list nn wise.

I like it, I like that it isn't too out there but pretty uncommon at the same time. I like the nickname pip too :)

I love the name Juniper! It's even more special bc your son suggested it... and what a great story that will make someday!! <3

Juno is a cool nickname... & Pip/Pippi would be a cute/silly family nickname when she's a baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->