Jus got my first smear test appt..

xolily

Reaction score
..dreading it :wacko:
my mams all "you've had two babies whats your problem!?"
really, when i was in labour i would've ran through the hospital with my knickers round my ankles if it meant getting my babies out.. but just walking into a room and casually letting someone look at my foof, it doesnt appeal :(
how bad is it really?

It's fine hun,just like an internal.its over in 30 seconds.just remember push your bum into the bed,dont lift it up.xx

It's not that bad, it's more uncomfortable than anything, compared to labour it's a doddle. One trick I can think of is to cup your hand into a fist and sort of blow through it, if that makes sense? You'll find that by blowing into your fist, you're relaxed a bit more.

It's worth that 30 seconds of discomfort to know exactly what's going on. I had my smear test about 2 weeks ago and thankfully my results came back normal, it's out of my head now for another 3 years. :) xx

yep the key is to relax! ive had 2 done and the first time i was so wound up i actually started crying and the nurse had to try and calm me down first because if your too wound up/tense it can make it more uncomfortable. thankfully she was lovely but it was a horrible experience. the second time i went i was alot calmer and found the whole thing over and done with quicker. i have another next month and im not looking forward to it but like lula said, better its done and out of the way!! stay calm, do deep breathing and you'll be fine:hugs:

Of course it isn't pleasant but it's over very quickly and after it you'll be wondering what you were so worked up about. It really isn't that bad considering you only have to go every 2 yrs!

mine has come through :wacko: but obviously cant have it done till after baby is born but for the woman whi have had it i had a 6 week internal scan would u say its uncomfortable like that..............sorry random i know lol :blush: i am dreading it but i know it has to be done!!!!!!!

mine has come through :wacko: but obviously cant have it done till after baby is born but for the woman whi have had it i had a 6 week internal scan would u say its uncomfortable like that..............sorry random i know lol :blush: i am dreading it but i know it has to be done!!!!!!!

na not quite the same hun, hard to explain!

It really isn't that bad,I've been having one since I was 16 (and every year up until age 20 when I moved over to the UK from Canada) takes about 30 seconds.

it doesn't hurt or anything! I think the worst part is the coldness of the metal speculum thing they use!

I wouldn't say it hurts either, just uncomfortable iykwim?
Ive had 2 now yet still dread them every time, I think I find it more embarrassing than anything.

:flower:

i had one a few years ago as i had some weird infection (which turned out to be nasty thrush)
it doesn't hurt at all. it's a weird feeling but not painful. relaxing is the main part though.
you'll be fine hun. x

It doesn't hurt at all- all you can feel is the instrument they put in to open up your vagina and it just feels a bit cold.

They'll ask you to put your heels together, your knees up and then flop your legs apart.

Its not very nice at all thinking about it, but its over and done with asap and its worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->