Just a bit hurt...

Punk_Mum86

pregnant with number 2!!!
Reaction score
So, rant here. My mum was round today, and I was telling her about how cute this baby girl was at my daughters nursery today, and she turned round and said to me, "don't you dare get broody, just don't."
What the hell?? :shrug: I'm 26 years old, in a long term, loving relationship, (seriously, he gets yummier every day!) :haha:
It really took me by surprise, she loves my daughter, she even has her to stay the night on occasion. I'm a bit upset by her reaction...:cry:
I think I may be being over sensitive.

That sounds a bit strange to me tbh... Is she against you having another child for some reason? How old is your daughter?

that does sound strange, maybe she is worried about you for some reason or another, maybe there is somthing she thinks and is not telling you?

Maybe your mom worries about the stress it would be on you if you were to have another? It is abit strange that she would say something like that... Did she not give any indication as to why she thinks that?
I wouldn't worry too much, you know what moms can be like, but they always fall head over heels in love with their grandchild once they are here :) best of luck to you x

aww :hugs:, I had a similar reaction with my mum, she kept mentioning that Alex was enough and i couldn't have No.2 because he's such a handful, she couldn't handle it. But then all of a sudden I got some not so subtle hints she'd like another grandchild, then yesterday when i was telling her my friends pregnant with No.2 she said she's more than happy to wait :shrug:

At the end of the day its nothing to do with her, its you and your OH's decision :thumbup:

My mum is like this!.... Saying one is best and no one will look after more than one, one is easy blah blah blah.... She has 3 children, 2 (me and sis) close in age and my bro 13 yrs later. I think she just feels like she's been a mum of dependent children for a very long time and it's only now that she feel like her own person again now my bro is 15.... I know my mum is only looking out for me and my future in a strange sort of way!

I think it's maybe to do with how bad my labour was with my daughter (she's four) :flower: I had a really rough time and my heart became under strain and dd wasn't getting any oxygen, so they wanted to do a c section but ended up doing emergency forceps, and as a result I had a third degree tear.
Maybe she's scared she'll lose me! I'm really close to my mum, I think that's why I was hurt by the remark.
I'm sure she would be delighted with another little bundle in the family. :thumbup:
Thanks for all your replies ladies!! :hugs:
Sometimes you just need to vent the silly things that hurt your feelings!!

:hugs: you're probably right. I'm sure she'll be thrilled once there is another LO on the way :thumbup: xx

Well I think we're going to start preventing now...:nope:
We have decided to postpone the baby making until a later date, we're having one last no pants dance tonight! :haha: then it's on to the condoms, boo, I hate them. You never know, tonight could be the night! :winkwink:
Although I don't feel very sexy, I was throwing up all this morning, urgh. Think i have a bit of a stomach bug.

ps, how does everyone else feel about condoms out of curiosity? Am I the only woman that thinks they feel horrible?!

We have decided to postpone the baby making until a later date, we're having one last no pants dance tonight! :haha: then it's on to the condoms, boo, I hate them. You never know, tonight could be the night! :winkwink:
Although I don't feel very sexy, I was throwing up all this morning, urgh. Think i have a bit of a stomach bug.

ps, how does everyone else feel about condoms out of curiosity? Am I the only woman that thinks they feel horrible?!

I hate them... they feel so dry, which makes it painful! And they're such a faff!!.... Funnily I was having the same convon with a friend today, she has just had her second (4 weeks ago) I have been there for here since she was TTC, it only took her 4 months. I asked her today, as I'm feeling cramps, how she felt coming of contraception and she said that her and her OH have always used condoms!!... For the past 8 yrs! I was really shocked! I didn't realise people used them in longterm relationships!!

I hate them... they feel so dry, which makes it painful! And they're such a faff!!.... Funnily I was having the same convon with a friend today, she has just had her second (4 weeks ago) I have been there for here since she was TTC, it only took her 4 months. I asked her today, as I'm feeling cramps, how she felt coming of contraception and she said that her and her OH have always used condoms!!... For the past 8 yrs! I was really shocked! I didn't realise people used them in longterm relationships!!

Neither did I!! I was on the pill and then depo, but I decided if we were going to prevent I would use condoms from now on, so when we do ntnp again i'll have a nice natural healthy cycle (can't hurt anyway!) :winkwink:
Condoms are a total faff, I hate stopping mid way to fumble about with the bloody things!! :dohh:

if its not too nosey of me how comes your going to prevent again!? :hugs:

we've used condoms since having alex! i don't like them either, apart from keeping the mess inside :blush: but we mainly used them cos we knew we wanted to ttc again at some point and rather than have to wait for natural cycles to come back it was good solution. Hate having to stop half way through, that's def the worse part!

if its not too nosey of me how comes your going to prevent again!? :hugs:

we've used condoms since having alex! i don't like them either, apart from keeping the mess inside :blush: but we mainly used them cos we knew we wanted to ttc again at some point and rather than have to wait for natural cycles to come back it was good solution. Hate having to stop half way through, that's def the worse part!

Tbh, I think I had a bit of a panic about it and told my oh that we should wait, (may have been my mums reaction that shook me), but i've changed my mind again! :dohh: oh and I were having a cuddle tonight and I started thinking how lovely having a little boy would be, so I made a comment to him, and he said "i'll try and brew up some good swimmers tonight then!!" :haha: so who knows what we're doing now!! :dohh:
I just realised i'm on cd12 today...hmmm could be the lucky one tonight!! :sex:

AF got me today :(, grrr, was only our first month though so early days yet :). If i'm totally honest i'd like a girl as I have a boy, but then some of me thinks it'd be lovely for alex to have a brother, so all in all i don't mind ;). I'd like a girl one day though but it could be No.3, as i intend to have 3 kids whatever :haha:

what about you?

AF got me today :(, grrr, was only our first month though so early days yet :). If i'm totally honest i'd like a girl as I have a boy, but then some of me thinks it'd be lovely for alex to have a brother, so all in all i don't mind ;). I'd like a girl one day though but it could be No.3, as i intend to have 3 kids whatever :haha:

what about you?

Oh would like a boy, I'm not too bothered!! Boo, sorry af got you, but like you said, very early days. We bd'd last night and after he made me look up how long it takes for the sperm to reach the egg! Guys are funny sometimes! :haha: I think i'm officially 1dpo tomorrow, so we'll see how things go...

lol, men are weird creatures! when i told DH I thought AF was coming yesterday he looked a bit sad, then today when i told him it was def here he wasn't bothered at all, there's no telling what their reactions will be!

I hope this is your month, but i'm putting money on you continung to try next month if its not :haha: xx

lol, men are weird creatures! when i told DH I thought AF was coming yesterday he looked a bit sad, then today when i told him it was def here he wasn't bothered at all, there's no telling what their reactions will be!

I hope this is your month, but i'm putting money on you continung to try next month if its not :haha: xx

Haha, I bet we do too!! :dohh:
Oh is the same, he grins ear to ear about having a baby sometimes, then the next things he doesn't really react at all, weirdo!! :haha: We were watching a tv show about a labour ward last night, it showed woman giving birth, he was like "eeeeuuuuwww!" :haha: the camera angle was pretty gross though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->