Just a little boast...

doggylover

Mum of 4
Reaction score
Yesterday marked our 5 month ebf milestone :) I never planned to give formula, but of course it was always in the back of my mind that I may have to if bf didnt work out. Luckily it worked great for us, LO has recently jumped from the 50th to 75th weight centile so she's doing great!

Just one more month of her surviving on her mummy milk before she starts getting solids. Is it wrong to hope she doesn't take well to solids so she relies on me totallyfor a little longer?! :haha: needy mum alert!

Congratulations! :)
My LO refused solids until around nine months so you may have a little bit longer yet! :)

Good job!!!!

I have mixed feelings about starting solids...I'm excited because its a milestone for her but sad because its just another thing showing me how fast she's growing up :( where I'm from they tell moms to start babies on cereal at 4 months : / (I really hope LOs doctor does not advise this I might stop liking her) but I'm not starting anything until after 6 months..I don't want my baby to grow up if I could keep her a baby forever I would!

Yay! Good job Sarah!
Isabelle is such a beautiful thriving baby, you are right to feel proud!
Very jealous of the % jump, sigh... I wish Dennis would do that too!

I know exactly what you mean about holding on to BF a little more hehee!!!

I felt the same way! Thankfully, I learned that a baby can survive on BM for the whole 12 months if needed to, and still be happy/healthy. It was certainly true for us - my LO never really took to baby food (purees and whatnot), only having it here and there, but never a full meal.

She's still bf'ing through the day and through the night, she just takes bites of what we have during daytime meals now. She loves food, but is still mommy's little girl. At this point, I am jealous of cow's milk when she drinks it. Insane, I know! lolol I HATE that it has chemicals in it, so I rarely give it to her. That's just how attached I am. I am SO thankful that the 'you must stop at 1 year' thing is a myth, bc neither of us are ready to give it up. It went by soo fast...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->