Just a mini giggle of what I think of LO overtaking my house. Add you thought too...

hawalkden

Reaction score
This is just a random post and made me giggle. Yes I have posted it in the Babylcub too but seeing what else you think on here. noone has replied to me on there.
Whist having a 5 min boilging hot soak whilst OH get's LO ready for bed. How much stuff has been overtaken by Isaac. He personally could have his own house with the stuff. He's what I looked at thought about list:

living room
before Isaac there use to be a fish tank in the corner and a candle set on/around the fireplace. Now we have:

Bouncer.

Jumparoo.

Fireguard.

Isaac's smallish (needing a bigger one soon) toybox.

Selection of wipes, nappies etc!

Sick stained sofa and partial carpet.

Replacement of my rug is his playgym mat

TV is always on Boomerang or Cbeebies. Many a time OH's come in from work late when Isaac is in bed and I still have a children's programme on!

dinning room
nothing has been taken out but now added in there is:

Pram, not put down and in the alcove corner.

Highchair. What is bulky, we have the Chicco Polly one.

Selection of toys for distraction.

kitchen
few items have been put under the stairs due to storage and not time to use them anymore!

Within the fridge/freezer. A selection off addition fruit/veg for addition cooking.

Replacing my breadbin store and spice rack is his steriliser and cleaned bottles.

With in the tin/cereal cupboard is his formula milk, baby jar food for when out and about and his baby cereal.

Double the washing up tablets and cleaning products for when his load of continuous bibs which he goes though about 20+ a day due to teething and sick stain cleaning stuff under the sink!

In the medicine cupboard double the paracetamol for me when he's having a loud day or I have a banging head from him being up all night. Plus he's got teething gel, calpol, syringes and his gavascon powder.
bathroom
ah how I miss my collection of 'Soap & Glory' hogging the end of the bath now it's been replaced with:

baby shampoo and bubble bath

instead of my scrubs and sponges it's not character wash mitts hanging off the shower lead.

Stuck on the wall is his play nest with the alphabet foam shapes and squirting toys.

The smell of baby shampoo which I now love but it use to be all girly and female smelling from my products!

landing and hallway
nothing much has been added. Just rearranged. Due to getting the pram in and out. Adding of the stairgates are going on soon for me to practice when two are here and isaac is toddling along full swing by then!

our bedroom
nothing has been changed again much. Just a collection of baby clothes and toys now he's in his own room we have our room back ;)!!! haha not for long though. Moses backet will be back out of the walk in wardrobe!

his room
use to be OH's chill room and study. Now the Xbox is downstairs :happydance: - NOT and laptop is stored within the fireplace behind the fireguard when I have chance to be on like now due to early bed for Isaac after a few baby parties and swimming today. He's pooooped!

Also in every room and mummys bag there is a either a dummy, teething gel or clothing of his :)! also a stash of baby wipes!

Haha bless, It's amazing how much space such a tiny person can take up isn't it x

Tell me about it! As much as we tidy, it never looks decent. Two toy boxes, and table and chair for my 6yr old. a ball pit, baby walker, a sit on car , push a long walker thing, and thats just my front room! x

There isn't a room in my house where all I can see is baby stuff including my room. And it's not like the stuff you buy for a baby is small and easy to put away anywhere :dohh: x

we lived in a one bed house until LO was 11 months old ghat was a nightmare no room whatsoever lol x

Im sure it will get worse lol! Its true that kids, however small take over alot of space in every room :haha: x

I live in quite a large house, but My LO's things are EVERYWHERE.

I have a big inflatable ring ... Large jungle gym type thing. A swing, Bouncer, Door Bouncer... Moses basket still to move.. Obviously his nursery takes up a whole room. In my room theres a unit full of nappies/wipes/clothes for if he's in my room at all.. Got the same in the games room. Dining room has his car seat in it at the moment..

His prams in the garage along with a lot of things he's not big enough for yet!

His clothes.. Gosh his clothes.. He has more than me! x

lol we are the same.

before we had kids I had a place for everything and all my rooms looked huge. Now the dining room has turned into a play room with a toy kitchen, jumperoo, toy piano, scooter and much more.

The only room I have a kid free zone is the lounge but even then they bring all their toys in still :wacko: I love it though :)

even my bed I find random things belonging to little people x

My living room has been over taken with Lilly's things! I now have : Pink travel cot in corner, Lotty lady bird gym mat, sit me up inflatable cosy, superseat, jumperoo , nappy bin, in a few weeks the high chair will be brought out! And what was my "study" room with computers etc is now a play room! Absoloutely jam packed with toys, now has a tele on the wall for my boys vtech console and mickey mouse dvd's lol my pretty carpet has been replaced with foam number mats, and i have disney pictures ALL over the walls LOL, got to love the kids stuff aye! ;) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->