just a quick question...

bathbabe

Mum to 3 boys
Reaction score
my baby is 3months old and iv been wondering about reusable nappies, we currently use disposables and he is on comfort milk and quite often has explosive poos! Im assuming once he moves onto solids (not yet!) his poo will become firmer? Therefore i would find it easier to wait until hes on solids to switch to cloth? Any opinions or advice welcome xxx

I find that Tabitha has far less leaks in cloth nappies than she did in disposables. At the moment she has runny BF poo so I just put the nappies straight into the bucket and the machine without rinsing them, but once she starts weaning I will need to shake/rinse some of the poo off first. I don't know what FF poo is like but if it's similar then I'd say it would be just as easy to switch now. :)

I wouldn't wait until solids. Its far easier to start with Breast fed poo - it just needs a pre-rinse in the machine, and 2 part nappy systems are far more reliable than diosables, especially at the explosive stage. Why don't you do a nappy trial first? That way you would be sure that what you eventually buy will fit and work well for you, and have the right wash and dryability for you own particular environment.

I wouldn't wait until solids. Its far easier to start with Breast fed poo - it just needs a pre-rinse in the machine, and 2 part nappy systems are far more reliable than diosables, especially at the explosive stage. Why don't you do a nappy trial first? That way you would be sure that what you eventually buy will fit and work well for you, and have the right wash and dryability for you own particular environment.
Whats the trial? And how do i go about it? X

We've been using disposables overnight recently as Isaac was getting a rash from being in a wee nappy so long with cloth, and I find that cloth contains the poo much better than a sposie. Poo clean up with a sposie is easier though. :blush:

I think cloth is better than disposables at containing explosive poos, and definately a 2 part system (nappy with wrap over the top). I love tots bots bamboozles and motherease wraps. x

Yeah the poo is absorbed really fast so doesn't even seem to go far up the back of the nappy. Haven't had a leak yet (touch wood)

Whats the trial? And how do i go about it? X

Most nappy advisors will organise a trial for you. You just have whatever you want to try out for a few days. Most advisors charge a refundable deposit to cover the value of the nappies - just in case they don't arrive back - has been known to happen in my case! PM e if you want to try anything I stock, and I'll sort it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->