just a VENT

honeybunch2k7

Reaction score
*sigh*

I've been planning for a home birth for years, and I can see it's not going to be easy.

Since my OH cannot add me to his insurance until after the baby, I filed for Medicaid. Medicaid is good for prenatal visits, but in my state it will not cover the fees of a midwife although there fees are typically much less than that of a hospital birth...:wacko:...

I'm considering an unassisted childbirth, but I know OH will not like it. In fact, he was highly ambivalent to me having a homebirth with a midwife.

If I go to a hospital I most likely will not have the birth I envisioned.

On top of that I just feel generally unattractive. I'm very bloated and constipated (sorry if that's tmi). I mean very, like I'm carrying 5 lbs of excess weight around the tummy.

:cry:

Dont worry, no matter were you have your baby or when aslong as your with your baby as yous r both healthy :hugs:
your hormones seem to be every wer at the min, things will seem better soon jus think of soon you will av a lil baba to take care of and love = ] xx

Have you spoken to any midwives in your area? Mine charges on a sliding scale, between $2000-$4500, so you decide how much you can afford. Plus you can also pay it out over the lenght of your pregnancy. You might check around and see if any of the one in your area do the same.

^Yes, I have spoken to a few midwives. They do have it to where I could pay throughout the pregnancy, but I am having problems finding a job. SO isn't very keen on paying out of pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->