just another thing...then i promise i'll stop asking lots of questions!!

M

maddiwatts19

Im only 7/8 weeks gone, but i've always been a wriggler in my sleep, and i wake up quite a lot sleeping on my belly!

Im really worried that its going to hurt bubs!

am i just being paranoid again??

I still sleep on my stomach sometimes, poor DH worries that I'll hurt the baby but from what I've read there really is no reason to be concerned. I figure eventually I'll be to big to sleep on my belly!

I was really worried about this to start with but you can't hurt baby by sleeping on your front. Baby is still going to be fine in it's little bubble of fluid.

Most people just stop sleeping on their front because it gets uncomfortable but I still do it even with a fairly large bump. I can't lay totally flat anymore but I possition my arm around my bump so my hand is under it and lean my weight mostly on that side and bring the opposite leg up. This way most of my weight is to one side and I still feel comfortable. Otherwise it's like sleeping on a rock and it really squishes my insides.

Thank you guys!! I just dont want to loose this baby to, so i worry way to much!!

xx

Doctors say that by the time it's unsafe to do, it'll be too uncomfortable to do! Just like sleeping on your back. Doctors say to stop sleeping flat on your back by 4 months, and by then it's often too uncomfortable to have that weight on top of you anyway.

you shouldnt worry your self. just relax and take it step at time. i layed on my belly. its now way to big to even try. RELAX HUN

Doctors say that by the time it's unsafe to do, it'll be too uncomfortable to do! Just like sleeping on your back. Doctors say to stop sleeping flat on your back by 4 months, and by then it's often too uncomfortable to have that weight on top of you anyway.

lol, not me. I still do that too. Often happens in the night when I don't even know about it though.

I watched a programme on the baby channel a while ago and they said its amazing how your body does things naturally to stop you hurting baby. I just follow my body. If its uncomfortable, painful etc I figure its my bodies way of protecting bob and making me stop. So I will sleep on my front until my body tells me not to

you'll be absolulty fine hun, I sleep on my tummy and im dreading when I cant becuase its the only way I can get comfy to sleep!

I watched a programme on the baby channel a while ago and they said its amazing how your body does things naturally to stop you hurting baby. I just follow my body. If its uncomfortable, painful etc I figure its my bodies way of protecting bob and making me stop. So I will sleep on my front until my body tells me not to

thank you!!! :D
xxx

you'll be absolulty fine hun, I sleep on my tummy and im dreading when I cant becuase its the only way I can get comfy to sleep!

me too!!! im already finding it really hard to sleep, so this will just make it worse!!! thank you!
x

I wouldn't worry, I always used to sleep on my belly. When it gets so big that you MAY hurt the baby, you won't physically be able to roll over onto it anyway! I used to think the same with my back, but one day I just decided it wasn't worth worryng about. As reallytinyamy said the body is an amazing thing, it has it's way to tell you when things aren't right - plus baby is well protected in there. :)

I used to always try to sleep on my side while heavily pregnant but sure enough every time i woke up i was lying on my belly and suprisingly it was very comfy baby protected by bag of waters so would be fine

How do you manage?!? LOL

I love sleeping on my stomach but I've already stopped because my boobs are too sore! :rofl: I have to tightly hug a pillow to keep everything in place :blush: then I can only sleep on my side.

I also worried a bit at first though but that baby is still tucked away deep down in your pelvis. And it's protected in a little bubble.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"