• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just changed to exclusively formula feeding....

catty

Reaction score
I have decided to change to formula feeding, my daughter is almost 5 months old and im happy with my choice, the only issue is she spews every feed. Not the whole feed or even half but enough to soak me, is this pretty normal?

She never ever spewed when bf and she also needs to be burped about 3 times during the feed which can take upto an hour, should i be using a different bottle/teat to make her feed slightly quicker. My son used to down a bottle in 15 mins she takes about 3 times this and as mean as it sounds i dont really have the time to be sitting for that long with 2 LOs.
When i bf she had 10/15 min feeds....

Hi I only breastfed my daughter for a few days and then went onto formula. She seemed ok for the first day or two but then seemed to throw up a lot of milk after a feed, turned out we'd been using the wrong size test (size 2 instead of 1) and once we changed the teat size it seemed to stop. Not sure if this was her getting used to formula or just the teat size. She also has to be winded quite a bit during feeds. Maybe your little is getting used to bottles? You could try a different sized teat and see if that makes a difference?

I don't know what formula you're using, but we use Enfamil. My son spits up a lot, so we switched to Enfamil AR. It's thickened with a bit of rice cereal. I know Similac has a similar product. It has helped a lot.

If you're using the teats that came with the bottle they're probably stage 1 so she might be having to suck really hard to get enough milk. We moved to vari flow at about 12 weeks which worked much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->