Just don't have the motivation and willpower!!

devon_91x

Mummy to Darcey Paige x
Reaction score
I'm so desperate to loose the baby weight but i just don't have the willpower to stop eating rubbish or the motivation to exercise, its so bad! Tell me im not the only one? :dohh:

I currently weigh 207lbs :nope: and only roughly 9lb of that was put on during pregnancy, i was lucky in that i didnt gain a ton of weight, but ive always been a bit overweight. Although i weigh that much im still a size UK 14, i just have alot of weight around my tummy, everything i eat seems to go straight to that area! And i had a c-section which kinda makes all the fat sag down, so horrible to look at! Im going abroad in July and want to slim down for that.

My problem is i eat healthy meals, but then snack late at night. For example, yesterday i had Special K with skimmed milk for breakfast, Pitta bread with grilled turkey breast and salad for lunch, followed by a Muller Light yogurt, then fish and salad for dinner. But get to 8/9pm im craving sugar, and made OH go and get me ice cream last night!! :dohh: I also started doing the 30 day shred every night for a few weeks but now my motivation seems to have gone out the window! LO has been asleep for the past hour, i cudda been doing exercise now! (Well i have just cleaned the bathroom and kitchen but still...) and ive been stuck indoors all day, i could have taken her for a nice walk, im just so lazy!!!

I would love to loose around 40-50lbs by July, which i know could be possible if i was good! Does anyone else have these problems? How you do motivate yourself and stop eating the rubbish? :shrug:

I was like you - ate really well during the day and pigged out at night..none of my friends could understand why I wasn't skinnier...

Jan 1st I resolved to lose the baby weight. I'm only weighing myself monthly, but I know I've lost at least 7 pounds - I caved and stepped on the scale Jan 11th. I started at 188, my pre-preg was around 144.

There were a few eye openers for me:

1. I was eating instead of drinking. Some days I would have maybe one glass I water..so I'd compensate by eating more..now that I'm drinking more water, I want to eat less...

2. Eat more at each meal - I skimped on the meals and added in more snacks. Now I'm doing it the other way around.

3. Don't just rely on a gym. I don't have time to go the the gym everyday so I got some workout videos that I can do at home..

4. Set mini-goals. Week 1 for me was to eat clean, week 2 was to drink 6 glasses of water, etc. They don't all have to be weight related, last weeks goal was to start a puzzle! The goal just had to be something for yourself.

5. Do something to step out of your comfort zone - it'll make you feel great once you do it - I started swimming laps at our local pool.

6. Find a consistent time each day to workout. My LO goes to bed before 8, after which my hubby and I would plop on the couch to watch TV..he still does that, but I head off to the gym, pool or basement to workout. He's very supportive..

7. Get yourself a support network - my pre-preg running buddy moved away, and I don't have another friend I can workout with consistently, so I joined MFP to hold me accountable..

Anyways, I hope this helps:)

Part of the problem may be that what you think is healthy, really isn't. I can see that you are spiking your blood sugars badly with special K and that is probably setting you up for a downward spiral. It's full of added sugar. Try a slow digesting non-sugary breakfast (ie. rolled oats) and you may feel better. You are also probably undereating in the day and setting yourself up for night binges.

I was stuck not losing for a while, truth is I had to sit down and tell myself that I wasn't going to get the results if I didn't do the work. And that sitting and eating crap wasn't making me feel better. Eating less is hard but being miserable with how you look is hard too, so you pick a hard.

I agree with the other ladies, but this is what I want to add:

- Find a workout that you enjoy and feel good about. I tried the 30 Day Shred, but absolutely hated it. I know the workout is good, but I didn't like anything about it and found it boring. Instead I started to hunt for something I do like, and I discovered Pilates :) I absolutely LOVE Pilates and look forward to doing them daily. There's heaps of videos on YouTube you can check out. If you can afford it, you could look into getting an elliptical/treadmill. I bought one as a Christmas gift to myself and I love using it, especially if I'm watching a favorite show or movie . . I'll easily do 50 minutes on it and not even realize it!

- Don't keep treats that you'll be tempted to eat at night around the house. This one was major for me since I love snacking at night, especially while watching a movie. If you want a snack, eat some baby carrots, an apple, etc. It may sound harsh, but you need to re-program your thinking. If you're just eating because you're bored, find something to do . . a puzzle, a walk, or read. If you're just eating because of emotional reasons, call a friend, listen to music, or work out . . this makes you feel heaps better!

- Put motivation EVERYWHERE! Seriously, this works. I was so worried about what my poor DH would think of me putting pictures and quotes everywhere, but it actually motivated him to even get healthier. I have quotes and pre-preg weight pictures on my fridge and beside my bed so I see them first thing in the morning.

- Give yourself rewards. For example, when you 199 (being under 200), get yourself a manicure or whatever you'd like.

- Start a journal. Track what you feel when you're eating, what you feel in general, what you notice when you eat, etc. You can put pictures and quotes in there too. I'm finding that this is really fun to look back on as I lose weight. You could also start a blog to do this :)

- Lastly, I think the most important thing is to know why you're doing this and making sure you're doing this for the right reasons. I personally believe that just wanting to look good isn't a good reason (no offence to anyone) to get fit. It needs to be about wanting to be stronger, living a longer healthier life, being healthier and setting a good example for your child. Write down your reasons for doing this and put them somewhere you'll see them everyday like your fridge.

Thank you all so much :) I have joined MFP to track my calories and im just going to focus on my daughter and getting healthy and fit for her as i want her to grow up healthy and not eating rubbish.

Very good advice from everyone! Along with posting motivational stuff around the house, you could get some smaller clothes that you really want to fit into and hang them on your fridge door handle. I did that and it really helped me when I wanted a snack to take a second thought on it.

Also, for motivation, you could follow someone else who is successfully losing weight. There is someone on here that has posted pictures of her success, and I love to see them and tell myself I'll look/feel like that before too long. I've got a journal you can follow if you'd like. I just posted pictures of my first month, and I've lost 20 pounds.

And when you're really really ready, it will be super easy to lose weight. You can do it!

Also, I really want to agree with the person who said find a exercise you really enjoy. Is easy to get unmotivated when you're bored or really not enjoying your workouts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->