Just found out I'm expecting

bassoonbaby

Reaction score
I'm Sara,

I'm 16 and found out on Friday after months of stomach problems that had seemingly no source that I am, in fact, pregnant.
We're not sure how far along yet, but Monday we're making calls to start setting up appointments
I'm really scared because there's a really good chance I'm fairly far along
I started experiencing what I now know to be morning sickness in mid/late August
When would be my likely conception timeframe? It'd determine the paternity which is one of the biggest things we're worrying about right now
Also, having a possibility of being so far in, what things should I ask my doctors about as soon as possible?
Thanks everyone in advance!

Hi Sara!
I'm Lisa, and though I'm no longer a teen, I still lurk around here. I got pregnant at 17 after a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks. My daughter Emma is 5.5, my son Coltin is 2.5, and I am 35 weeks pregnant with our second son Lucas.
If you began experiencing what you think is morning sickness in August, I'd say maybe mid July, or early July. Have you been getting 'periods' each month? If you are infact 20 something weeks into a pregnancy, a doctor with do an ultrasound ASAP. As well as blood work, and usually a Pap smear as that is what they'd do at your first appointment. Start prenatals, and I usually take an extra calcium supplement for teeth health because I can't drink milk.
It'll be ok Hun :hugs:

I'm not a teen but I love reading this forum because my mom was a teen mom! :)

I got pregnant with my son the beginning of September and experienced morning sickness for about the first 11 weeks or so... I had him in mid June at 41 weeks. So I'd say if you were having morning sickness in August, you'd probably be due around mid to late May... Maybe early June.

At your first appt. they will probably give you an ultrasound to measure the baby and that will give you a date of conception and will tell you how far along you are. Make sure to ask about diet, vitamins, and any resources they can hook you up with(such as birthing classes, breastfeeding classes, hospital tours, etc.).

Good luck lady! Babies are such a blessing, no matter the circumstance! :flower:

I got pregnant with my son the beginning of September and experienced morning sickness for about the first 11 weeks or so... I had him in mid June at 41 weeks. So I'd say if you were having morning sickness in August, you'd probably be due around mid to late May... Maybe early June.

At your first appt. they will probably give you an ultrasound to measure the baby and that will give you a date of conception and will tell you how far along you are. Make sure to ask about diet, vitamins, and any resources they can hook you up with(such as birthing classes, breastfeeding classes, hospital tours, etc.).

Good luck lady! Babies are such a blessing, no matter the circumstance! :flower:

I was due on the 26th May with my son and only conceived in August, so I'd say conception would have been earlier than then but I am far from an expert in conception and dates! Lol.

But hello! I am Clair, 21 and I have a 3.5 year old and a 2 year old. I fell pregnant with my first at 16 (a couple of months before turning 17). I would start taking a pre-natal vitamin. I don't know about the US, but in the UK you'd have an ultrasound arranged for as soon as possible. Possible bloods, listen for baby's heartbeat, measure your fundal height, do your BP, weight and fill in forms about yourself and any conditions that run in your family. Good luck and keep us updated! :hugs:

Hello Sara!

Not much of a teen (does 19 count?) but close to that age and love reading this forum! I never judge, because there were many times when I was younger that I could have ended up here too.
First, congrats on your new bundle! If you were experiencing MS in August, then I would say being due in May is a safe bet. But the Dr will be able to tell you for sure. Have you been able to determine paternity? What are your plans going forward?

It sounds like you have a great support system with you already, that's wonderful! Hope it all goes well for you, check in xx

I was due on the 26th May with my son and only conceived in August, so I'd say conception would have been earlier than then but I am far from an expert in conception and dates! Lol.

But hello! I am Clair, 21 and I have a 3.5 year old and a 2 year old. I fell pregnant with my first at 16 (a couple of months before turning 17). I would start taking a pre-natal vitamin. I don't know about the US, but in the UK you'd have an ultrasound arranged for as soon as possible. Possible bloods, listen for baby's heartbeat, measure your fundal height, do your BP, weight and fill in forms about yourself and any conditions that run in your family. Good luck and keep us updated! :hugs:

You're probably right! Morning sickness usually kicks in at around 6 weeks pregnant.... So she would have probably conceived in July sometime if she was getting sick in August. Due date late April or early May?

I second the prenatal vitamins suggestion. That's important. Especially the Folic Acid! Keep us updated, OP! This is a wonderful forum for support. :)

With my daughter I conceived Un July, was due 30th March

Thank you for the replies everyone!
I saw an OBGYN yesterday and oh my god, I'm 30 weeks and 3 days as of today
I'm due March 22nd, and expecting a little baby girl :)

Holy moly! Quite the surprise!? Lol. Congrats! :) At least you only have to wait 1/4 of the time :haha: but I hope you can get everything prepared!

OH wow, congratulations. GL and I hope everything goes well for you! Hope you can get everything prepared in time. FX!

Congratulations! u remind me of a friend of mine. no worries everything will be great! be a happy madre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->