Just found out im pregnant and having these weird little

mrsvincent17

Reaction score
I just got my BFP today! and im right around 4 to 5 weeks, I have a DR. appt on the 19th but just wondering if anyone else has or has had these little sharp twinges in their lower left abdomen? Its like a quick and sharp twinge (doesnt necessarily hurt but is weird) I just want to see if its normal or if I should be concerned?:bfp::cloud9:

As long as its not to sharp it will be your body stretching and getting ready ....if they become sore then seek medical advice xxx

I had them too just after :bfp: I am sure it was the ligaments stretching out for the first time (in a bit) :friends:

I think they are called round ligament pains and, as the others said, are caused by ligaments stretching to accommodate your rapidly expanding uterus!
They can actually be quite sharp, depending on you and your body.
Having said that, I think it's really important to always mention any concern to your healthcare provider.
This forum is great for support and advice, but it can't replace the physical presence of your doctor or midwife. I had so many questions at my prenatal appointments that I had to get in the habit of writing them down ahead of time!
Pregnancy is full of bizarre things, so no one in prenatal care is surprised by us asking about everything!
Congratulations, by the way! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Could be two things- most likely growning pains/round ligament pains or...i had some twinges that on one side, where i imagine my ovary was. they felt like little mild shooting pains. anyway turns out it was a cyst on my ovary- it showed up on a scan. apparently they're not uncommon or dangerous. it'll just go away on its own.

mention it to ur Dr next time you see him thought just to be on safe side...generally the advice i've had regarding random pains is if they get really painful or u notice any bleeding def contact Dr!

Hope that helped- good luck with everything xx

yes defo !! oh gosh hun, as early as a few days past O i thought af was guna cum early ! then when i got :bfp: it seemed to get worst, it was for me just llike af pains, expect all the time, right till just wk/2 ago !!!!!!!

see ur doc and im sure they will reassure u, cos it is very normal :hugs: CONGRATS xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->