Just got back from Dr. visit.

Srrme

Reaction score
I just got home from seeing a high risk Doctor (who is now my permanent Doctor). I had a pap smear, etc. and he checked my cervix and said it's "short." Does anyone else have a short cervix, and what did it mean for you? He started me on Progesterone injections today, and I will get them weekly (they HURT!). I am waiting on a phone call to schedule an ultrasound to check baby, and the length of my cervix, etc. to see if I have an incompetent cervix or not. :nope: I'm so scared. :cry:

Am thinking of you, and may be following you down this path xx

I went for a nuchal scan last week but the dates were out. All fine with the baby but I've got to go back in a couple of weeks to redo that and the sonographer says she will also measure my cervix then as I've got an appointment a couple of days after with the consultant. So just waiting really at the moment to find out if there is a problem. I'll be amazed if there isn't a problem with my cervix.
Try not to get stressed :hugs:

I had an appointment with a Perinatal Consultant today, and had an internal ultrasound, sadly I didn't get to see baby, but I was told my cervix looks good. I will be following up with them every 2 weeks just to make sure it stays that way. :thumbup: For now, I'll only be receiving weekly progesterone injections, which I'm fine with. Whatever keeps baby nice and comfy in there.

I hope your results are just as good! Will they be putting you on progesterone?

I have an Incompetent cervix and had 2 stitches put in my last pregnancy, the good thing is that you are on the progesterone shots they are suppose to work really well and they have been known to add length to the cervix

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->