Just Got Back from First OB Appointment!

cskme_

Reaction score
I am 11 weeks tomorrow and I met my OB today, she used the Doppler on my belly and told me "don't be scared if you don't hear anything it is still early" as soon as she put the Doppler on my belly I heard the heart beat immediately. She said "oh there it is!" FYI I am 5'2 170lbs so not the smallest girl ever lol.
Just thought I would share my excitement :) the heartbeat was 170 bpm! :happydance:

:happydance: Yeah , you said you were 11 weeks? that's great almost done with first trimester. I'm only 8 Weeks. Still waiting on first appointment

Happy you got to hear the heartbeat must have been exciting.

:happydance: Yeah , you said you were 11 weeks? that's great almost done with first trimester. I'm only 8 Weeks. Still waiting on first appointment

I had an early appointment at 8 weeks, the doctor gave me an ultrasound referral and said "wait until 11 weeks" and I honestly couldn't help but book my appointment. I just went to him after pretending I forgot that he said 11 weeks. He didn't care though just gave me another referral for 12 weeks. So yeah 1 more week until my NT scan!
I'm so grateful to be in Canada right now because we don't have to pay for extra scans.
Have you had a scan yet? 8 weeks doesn't seem like it was too long ago. I know waiting for scans and appointments seems like a lifetime though!

I had an early appointment at 8 weeks, the doctor gave me an ultrasound referral and said "wait until 11 weeks" and I honestly couldn't help but book my appointment. I just went to him after pretending I forgot that he said 11 weeks. He didn't care though just gave me another referral for 12 weeks. So yeah 1 more week until my NT scan!
I'm so grateful to be in Canada right now because we don't have to pay for extra scans.
Have you had a scan yet? 8 weeks doesn't seem like it was too long ago. I know waiting for scans and appointments seems like a lifetime though!

Yes I'm in US so we have t pa for extras. I on't have a regular OB so no one would see me until I was at least 8 weeks, which I will be this Thursday. I'm nervous and excited all at once..lol.

I don't know what to expect this appointment. It will be my first

All she did was asked about health history, expected due date, just a whole bunch of questions and then got me to lay on the table, checked my breasts and checked my ankles for vericose veins, then got the Doppler listened to the heartbeat and told me when to come in next and gave me a paper for bloodwork. I have to go see her in 2 weeks. Oh ya and she told me to take extra vitamin D and extra iron... Not too sure why

Ah, I'm so jealous! My u/s tech said they don't hear the heartbeat on u/s! Congrats though, that's so exciting!

Ah, I'm so jealous! My u/s tech said they don't hear the heartbeat on u/s! Congrats though, that's so exciting!

I never heard the heartbeat on the u/s either, they didn't even say it was an option and I didn't ask as I was really nervous lol. she told me the heart was beating and showed me the flicker though. (that was at 8 weeks) I was so shocked to hear it on a Doppler this early though I really thought you had to wait until at least 12 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->