Just got this email from Ebay, what does it mean?

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Dear Lindsay Hutchinson,

Michele XXXXX has cancelled the postage label for the reason below:

Label Did Not Print

Your package will no longer be sent using PayPal Postage with Royal Mail.

Sent From:
Michele XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
United Kingdom

Sent To:
Lindsay Hutchinson
XXXXX
XXXXX
United Kingdom

Posting Status: Refund Pending

If you have questions about why this posting was cancelled, please contact Michele XXXX.

Service Type: RM First Class (Next working day)

Now, the only thing I can think of is that she thinks Northern Ireland (where I live) isn't part of the UK and thinks it will cost more to post? :shrug:

The bit that concerns me is the "refund pending" part :wacko: I've been after this doll forever and got a pretty good deal on it!! I have messaged her but no reply yet!

I'm not sure, maybe she was going to use paypal to post it but the label didn't print but she's still sending it and the refund pending is her waiting for the postage cost to re-fund into her paypal?

I hope that's the case anyways. :)

I hope so!!! It is a bloody Rubens Barn doll, got it for 20 quid inc postage, they retail at nearly 50! My DH was like "its ok you will get a refund at least" errr... i dont want a refund! i want the doll!!

No advise hun but is that the doll you won today? I saw on Facebook how excited you were to win it, i hope you manage to sort it. Have you sent her a message via ebay to ask what the problem is?x

yep it sure is!! i sent her a polite email just saying like

"hi there, i won this doll today and i just got an email from ebay saying the postage had been cancelled and a refund was pending. Could you shed some light on this please? :) "

Don't worry hun, that message means she is being refunded the postage fee she has paid to paypal, not that she has refunded you.

Basically, she tried to use paypal's print-at-home postage option but for some reason it has failed. She'll just have to post it at a post office instead.

oooh thanks! im a very seasoned ebayer (just got my purple star :blush:) but have never encountered this before!

We use paypal postage quite a lot as we live in a rural area and it's a pain to go to the post office.

I never realised that buyers are informed if we cancel the paypal postage though! I'll have to bear that in mind next time hubby tries to print out a stamp and finds he has no ink left! :D

We use paypal postage quite a lot as we live in a rural area and it's a pain to go to the post office.

I never realised that buyers are informed if we cancel the paypal postage though! I'll have to bear that in mind next time hubby tries to print out a stamp and finds he has no ink left! :D

sorry to butt in lol but just wondered... never done this i've always taken my parcels to the post office but how does this paypal posting work?? thanks :thumbup:

sorry to butt in lol but just wondered... never done this i've always taken my parcels to the post office but how does this paypal posting work?? thanks :thumbup:

i was wondering that too ^

When somebody pays for goods via paypal, the transaction (in paypal, not eBay) should have a "print postage" option next to it. This isn't available if the payment was a gift though.

Alternatively, you can print postage at home by going straight through royal mail here (no paypal involved):

https://www.royalmail.com/discounts-payment/online-postage/home

You can print any kind of postage using the royal mail site, even if it's not for something you've sold including recorded posts and special delivery (though you still need to hand the latter into a post office).

you were right Bexx!! Just got this email:

Dear Pinkrokkstar,
Please do not worry, I have sent your parcel yesterday by first class. I will send you the proof of Posting as an attached file from my regular email address as I do not think I can attach it to this message. The postage cancellation is simply because I could not print the postage page from ebay, I tried twice to no avail and eventually went to the post office to do it through them. (so , so far, I have paid the postage 3 times...!). The refund is for this. Many thanks and enjoy your purchase

- 5366michelef

:wohoo: :happydance: :dance:

Yay, glad that's definitely what it was! :happydance:

ive yet to encounter a bad seller/buyer on ebay, and i've over 500 transactions. i must just be lucky!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->