just have a couple of questions...

lisawoop

Reaction score
So LO is 20 days old and ive been ebf :) im just getting a bit concerned about his gas and sickness. He has seemed gassy from day 1 but the last few days he seems to be getting excited when feeding and ends up taking loads of air in, ive tried adjusting his latch and position but it doesnt seem to make a difference. Then no matter how long I wind him/cuddle him after he seems to be sick within 20mins of being put down!! Then theres the fact he sounds so phlegmy. Wat am I doing wrong?

If he spits up when he lays down you can try keeping him up right for a bit after feeding. Gassiness is unfortunately very normal because of their immature digestive system. We have had some success by doing clockwise belly massage, bicycle legs and adding some baby probiotic drops but Devyn still gets quite gassy some nights. His doctor said it just takes time to grow out of it.

I agree on the gas thing. We tried everything that was suggested (if it wasn't crazy) and nothing helped. Toot was her nickname those first few months. She did grow out of it though. The times it was really bad, gas drops and bicycle legs did help. She never had trouble about spitting up, though. Good luck with that. I know it's also really common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->