Just have to keep telling myself, one more month...

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
Just one month from today I'll get to meet my little girl! I'm so excited and so very ready. The last couple days have been awful and I'm hoping the next month won't be quite so bad.
I woke up yesterday feeling nauseous, and actually vomited. :( It eventually subsided. Then, I almost thought I was starting into the early stages of labor later that day. I had hip and back pain all day, with lots of pressure. Then about 6pm, I started having contractions every 15 minutes that nothing I tried would stop. Nothing too painful, but enough to get me to stop and breathe for a second when they started. It took about 5 hours for them to stop. Never got any closer or father apart.
Today I feel like I've been put through the wringer. Nauseous again, although didn't vomit this time, so far. And my body just hurts. I still feel lots of pressure, but so far no contractions whatsoever, but I am watching for them, and will time them if they do happen to start again.
I'm really hoping all this is just because LO is super low, and not a sign that she is going to come before my c-section date. I don't mind meeting her early, as long as she's healthy, but DH is already scheduled off for the week of the c-section and if he had to take off earlier, he wouldn't get paid paternity time :(

Aww bless u. All these aches pains etc get abit tiring. I hope the next month flies by. Im due in 8 and half weeks. Today ive felt so achy and no energy. Pregnancy is hard. We are so close now.

good luck xxx

The time had started to fly recently, but with all this, it's starting to drag again. It doesn't help that I'm stuck at home, with only a 2 yr old for company, all day every day, since DH is working 6 days a week, 12-15 hours a day(and that's not including his drive time of 45 minutes one way) I just have to take it a day at a time. I think with Christmas coming up and my sister's family coming to town for a couple weeks, maybe I'll be able to keep myself occupied enough to help pass the time. Maybe I can convince my sister that was need to leave the kids with our DHs one day and have a girls spa day.

Yeah you deserve a treat :) christmas will make time fly. how you feeling about labour etc? Sometimes i feel ive got it under control other times i dread it. Our hospital is 45 mins away and no tours are done there so im abit nervous about that. My biggest hope is i get a good midwife who puts me at ease.

Im hoping to give her a brother or sister in a year ir two so hope its not too bad lol xx

Unless she decides to come early, I won't go into labor. I'm having a repeat c-section on Jan. 14th. And I'm very comfortable with all aspects of the c-section :) I have a fantastic doctor who I really trust and is great at putting me at ease. I had a wonderful experience with my first.

I'm sure everything will be great for you. Just believe in yourself :) I know there are a lot of ladies on here who would have lots of great advice. I wish I could give you more. I never even went into labor with my first. Which I'd why I end up questioning everything I feel now that I didn't with my first, since I do feel a lot differently. This LO has already dropped, whereas DS never did.

Yeah they could be getting ready to make an early appearance. If you go into labour will it be natural? You get great advice on here i love this site. Its nice talking to people going through it too. Im so excited for her i just managed to frighten myself reading stuff about saturday and im sure ill get over it again. Xx

I won't be allowed to go natural. I have too much scar tissue on my cervix for my doctor to consider it safe enough. If I didn't have that, I probably would at least try.
I love being on this board. I had a bad experience on another site when I was pregnant with DS. I had many people jump down my throat for deciding that I would rather have a c-section than risk him getting stuck(that thought he would be huge) I'm glad I find this place this time. So much more accepting and supportive.

Deffo some sites you literally cant write anything without people starting. You end up getting judged instead of supported. Id be lost without baby and bump.

Id of opted for a c section too. Thats a brave choice because its not an easy way out or anything. People are too opinionated. We are all different. Ive thought about an epidural from the start. I am scared of the unknown and if the pain is stressing me out id rather be numb and stay calm. It will be better for me and baby that way.

How you feeling today? Xx

I think for me it was a fairly easy decision to have the c-section, as I'd been given a great deal of advice from family. We have a history of needing them fit one reason or another. If my count is correct, there have been about 16 c-sections in my family on my mother's side alone. And out of all those, only one had any complications, and none were with the baby.(My sister's last turned as they were pulling her out, catching and tearing a ligament and blood vessel)

I'm actually feeling a bit better. Still in pain, but the contractions have slacked off. I haven't had as many as I did Saturday. She is extremely low and the pressure is ridiculous. It feels like she's going to fall out whenever I stand up :)

I've had the same symptoms, nausea, back ache, head aches and my little girl is yet to turn so i have that to look forward to ... shes also good at jamming her head or hand into my ribs which is very painful n knocks the wind out of me quite often, I've spend the past week on the sofa or in bed in PJs feeling sorry for myself, thank god its not long to go now ... im scared so much about the labour and I'm a FTM but I'm also looking forward to meeting my princess and getting these symptoms to stop!! :D

When are u due hun? Im ftm too and scared too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->