Just managed my first public breast feed : ) not as scary as I thought!

horseybird

Reaction score
Completely pointless thread. I'm just pleased that I ve managed to feed in public successfully. I'm combination feeding but mainly BF. This is my second daughter, I wasn't able to manage it with first.

I bought a nursing cover from John Lewis ....it's like a apron with a boned top so you can peek down at baby. I went to costas with hubby and my 2 year old and it worked and no one gave me second glance. Phew....!

Yay!! Good job! :flower: I really love hearing positive things about NIP.

My first time nursing in public, I was at a parade and my baby was about three weeks old. We were still using a nipple shield and I didn't have a cover yet so I used a huge receiving blanket. It was a pain but I'm glad I did it. No one gave me a bad look and I was in pretty close quarters with LOT of people at that parade. :haha: That first experience really gave me the confidence to keep on feeding my baby wherever I am, no matter what!

I think sometimes the media gives the impression that all breast feeding mums are going to be asked to leave any public area. Or maybe that's just my crazy hormones at the moment making me paranoid !

Well done you! It took me so long to build up the courage to nurse in public but I pretty much do it anywhere now lol.

Costa seems to be the go to place for BF mummy's, I always see at least one other woman feeding in there whenever I go and no one bats an eyelid.

X

I was really nervous feeding in public for the first time, but luckily it was somewhere I knew really well.

I'm unsure as to whether to buy a proper feeding apron... I'm currently using a lovely shawl which works well but I'm unsure if a apron is worth it's money...

Xxxxx

I was really nervous feeding in public for the first time, but luckily it was somewhere I knew really well.

I'm unsure as to whether to buy a proper feeding apron... I'm currently using a lovely shawl which works well but I'm unsure if a apron is worth it's money...

Xxxxx

I got mine for about £7 online here..

https://www.daisybabyshop.co.uk/breastfeeding-cover/

I would highly recommend it!

I'm glad your first time went well! I plan to feed in public if I'm in public when baby gets hungry, but I won't say I'm not nervous about it! I don't think I'll get much judgement from other people around here, but it still seems intimate. Maybe birth will rob me of a little modesty ;) The plan right now is to get a nursing scarf - they're infinity scarves that unwrap into a loose shawl-like cover, and they seem a little easier to carry around and a little less attention-getting than traditional covers. I'm hoping it won't scream "Look at me, my boob is out!" https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...1042737582?Keyword=itzy+ritzy+nursing+happens

I was a bit nervous the first few times, as I had to use nipple shields and felt quite exposed faffing all about with it. No one gave me a second glance. I didn't use a cover on principle.

In fact, one of the first times I did it, a father came and asked me for a pen. Something about that just made me feel like it was the most normal thing, that he didn't even blink. He had like 3 children under 5 holding onto his pants, so he's probably seen it a lot...when he came up to me was worried he was going to say something, nope, just asked if I had a pen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->