• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just saying hello, and looking for a little guidance!

ShakeItBaby1

Mommy to Riley Elizabeth
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm popping over from First Tri-mester.
First off let me say, I'm not exactly a "teen" anymore (22), but as far as being pregnant, I'm still considered a little "young." I'm not married, I don't have a career, and my boyfriend is 19. We're definitely two YOUNG to-be parents. I just had a quick question for all of you.

The situation is: My pregnancy definitely wasn't planned. It was more of a "whoopsie" moment. However, since finding out I am indeed pregnant, I've been growing increasingly excited about the situation. It may not have been planned, but I am keeping my baby, & plan to make the best of the situation! The problem is, my family isn't quite as supportive. Although my mom is trying her best to support me, I stumbled across a conversation with her friend from Facebook saying some nasty things about me :nope:. She was saying that she's surprised I didn't get pregnant sooner, she'll be surprised if my boyfriend actually sticks around through this whole ordeal, and that my sister was saying I should've done some UNSPEAKABLE things about this whole pregnancy. All in all, it just made me feel really horrible. Not about my baby, but about my family! Did anyone else have these type of negative emotions at first? Did you find your family was upset at first before coming around? I'm hoping that they'll come around, but it just made me sick to my stomach!!

yeah its funny how a pregnancy will show you who truly loves you and will be there for you. none of my family is supportive of my pregnancy besides 2 of my sisters, my brother and my mom <3 and honestly fuck everyone else(excuse my language) but it made me realize how horrible and nasty my family is and how if they cant be supportive i want them NO WHERE NEAR MY BABY. i mean it took my mom a while to come around but my 2 sisters were there completely for me. my mom is so head over heals over the idea now though so it might just take your mom some time and maybe you should have a serious conversation with her as of what she said but screw your sister(sorry dont mean to offend) but thats not right its not her business and i have 8 sisters and 2 of them are only there for me and my one says horrible things about me and my soon to be little girl. i

i hope everything works out and that you have a happy and healthy 9 months:)
btw i'm Bethany i'm 15 and im due June 18 with my baby girl Sadie Mae:)

yeah its funny how a pregnancy will show you who truly loves you and will be there for you. none of my family is supportive of my pregnancy besides 2 of my sisters, my brother and my mom <3 and honestly fuck everyone else(excuse my language) but it made me realize how horrible and nasty my family is and how if they cant be supportive i want them NO WHERE NEAR MY BABY. i mean it took my mom a while to come around but my 2 sisters were there completely for me. my mom is so head over heals over the idea now though so it might just take your mom some time and maybe you should have a serious conversation with her as of what she said but screw your sister(sorry dont mean to offend) but thats not right its not her business and i have 8 sisters and 2 of them are only there for me and my one says horrible things about me and my soon to be little girl. i

i hope everything works out and that you have a happy and healthy 9 months:)
btw i'm Bethany i'm 15 and im due June 18 with my baby girl Sadie Mae:)

Definitely no offense taken to any of that!! :) Hi Bethany, I'm Kendra. I just found out that I was pregnant April 23rd, and I love my little tiny baby more than anything already! I'm not due until December 24th.

I completely understand that. It's just hurtful because I value and love my family so much, and would support each and every one of them no matter what. For them to say what they did completely ripped me apart. Especially when this little bean that's growing inside of me is their flesh & blood. I can understand that you want what's best for me, but what's best for me is BEING THERE REGARDLESS. They've all said they would, but so far - their actions aren't speaking very loud. :nope: For my sister to even suggest the unthinkable, made me want to lash out and never allow her around my baby!! EVER. I understand it'll be hard, but I'm going to do what's right by my baby. I'm sorry to hear that most of your family isn't behind you! Now that I'm in the situation I'm in, I understand how much support is necessary for a stress free pregnancy! Especially when you're already a little freaked you're bringing another life into this world. (My main concern right now is just getting to my first Sono which isn't for another three agonizing weeks!!) Through all of what my mom said, she did say she was getting a little excited. This will be here first grandbaby, and she's coming around. I just wish the negativities would go away!!

:) I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a breeze! I know you're definitely ready to meet your little girl!

my family was fairly supportive but my OH's family wasnt and they said some awful things the entire time and threw him out of the house.

Also, it doesnt matter that you're not a teen, this has essentially just become a young mothers forum. :) have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Im lizzie, 17, with a 4 week 2 day old daughter named sawyer. :)

my family was fairly supportive but my OH's family wasnt and they said some awful things the entire time and threw him out of the house.

Also, it doesnt matter that you're not a teen, this has essentially just become a young mothers forum. :) have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Im lizzie, 17, with a 4 week 2 day old daughter named sawyer. :)

Hi Lizzie :) I'm Kendra, and I'm 22. I'm due on December 24th.

My mom' being sort of supportive, but I think she's also having a harder time wrapping her head around that she's going to be a grandma! Lol. My boyfriend's family is being very supportive about it all, and is ecstatic with this pregnancy. I'm sorry to hear so many family's aren't supportive when it's so very much needed! :) Glad to hear your daughter's healthy. & Thank you!

Hi i'm Evita, i'm 17, nearly 18, and 15 weeks! I'm sorry to hear that you aren't being treated how you deserve. I am too chicken to even tell my family yet! My OH's family knows and they're maybe a little too supportive lol, it's nice but gets abit over the top.

Hi i'm Evita, i'm 17, nearly 18, and 15 weeks! I'm sorry to hear that you aren't being treated how you deserve. I am too chicken to even tell my family yet! My OH's family knows and they're maybe a little too supportive lol, it's nice but gets abit over the top.

I told my mom, but only because she's the rational one! My dad on the other hand? Totally irrational, and goes to outlandish measures to put me down :( . He goes as far as telling me I'll never amount to anything and yelling at me that I'm a "Eff up." I'm waiting for my first sono to tell him. At this point, I'm kind of freaking out that I'll get to my first sono and there won't be a heartbeat or something equally as heartbreaking!!!

Well that's something you and your baby don't need, so take your time to tell your dad you don't need that! I'm sorry he's like that :hugs: That is a normal worry I think! I was like that, because I have suffered a loss before but try not to worry for LO's sake i'm sure everything will be fine :) It is the most amazing thing hearing the heartbeat for the first time <3 You will love it.

Well that's something you and your baby don't need, so take your time to tell your dad you don't need that! I'm sorry he's like that :hugs: That is a normal worry I think! I was like that, because I have suffered a loss before but try not to worry for LO's sake i'm sure everything will be fine :) It is the most amazing thing hearing the heartbeat for the first time <3 You will love it.

I haven't had a loss, and I'm hoping this baby is growing nice & strong!! I just hate thinking I have to wait 3 weeks to hear that wonderful whoosh whoosh :) and see my little jelly bean! I'm 5+6 today, so I may call around and see if anywhere can get me in sooner! Just to put my mind at ease. Is that silly? And yes! I know. If he wants anything to do with his first grand baby, he won't treat me poorly!! I can say that much!

Hey, welcome! :flower: I'm Jess and 8+2 with my first x

Sticky baby dust to you :) I bet baby will be nice and strong for you, you have nothing to worry about! Oh it's amazing <3 So weird in NZ where I am, you get a scan as soon as you find out your pregnant hehe, awesome huh :) So I had my first at 8 weeks because that's when I found out, lucky me :D It's not silly at all, will make you feel so much better after that scan. You go girl! Stand your ground :flower:

Hello and congrats on bubba
I'm hillary 20 and I have an almost 4 year old son called hayden and a 22 weeks old daughter called aleia x

I was 15 when I fell preg with my son and my dad was very surportive and so was one of my brothers my mum was very shocked as she new how hard it was to bring a baby up and I was a reckless teen always drinking and out til eary moring never went to school so she was scared I would miss it all after having a baby but I don't one bit iv had 2 nights off since my son was born and me and oh only went cinima and to dinner I never even had a drink with dinner haaha and I fell pregnant with my daughter at 19 my kids are my world and I would do anthing for them so would my famly because I haven proven to them I am no longer selfish and can bring my babies up they are both healthy and happy and that's all that matters. And my mum said my OH would never stick around cause he was a young lad and probably couldn't stick up to the responsabilitys but he has we been together since I was 15 and we are still together now 5 years x

Happy and healthy 9 months

Sticky baby dust to you :) I bet baby will be nice and strong for you, you have nothing to worry about! Oh it's amazing <3 So weird in NZ where I am, you get a scan as soon as you find out your pregnant hehe, awesome huh :) So I had my first at 8 weeks because that's when I found out, lucky me :D It's not silly at all, will make you feel so much better after that scan. You go girl! Stand your ground :flower:

Lucky! I have to wait until I'm about 8/9 weeks to get my u/s. I found out a week ago, when I was 5 weeks and immediately called the doctor after I got it confirmed. 3 weeks seems like forever!! & I'm hoping this baby stays strong :) thank you so much! & I will. I hope you find the courage to tell your family!

Hello and congrats on bubba
I'm hillary 20 and I have an almost 4 year old son called hayden and a 22 weeks old daughter called aleia x

I was 15 when I fell preg with my son and my dad was very surportive and so was one of my brothers my mum was very shocked as she new how hard it was to bring a baby up and I was a reckless teen always drinking and out til eary moring never went to school so she was scared I would miss it all after having a baby but I don't one bit iv had 2 nights off since my son was born and me and oh only went cinima and to dinner I never even had a drink with dinner haaha and I fell pregnant with my daughter at 19 my kids are my world and I would do anthing for them so would my famly because I haven proven to them I am no longer selfish and can bring my babies up they are both healthy and happy and that's all that matters. And my mum said my OH would never stick around cause he was a young lad and probably couldn't stick up to the responsabilitys but he has we been together since I was 15 and we are still together now 5 years x

Happy and healthy 9 months

Hi Hilary! As you've probably read I'm Kendra :) . I'm glad to hear that everything worked out beautifully for you! I can completely understand where you're coming from. Since I just turned 21 last year, I drank a lot and stayed out all night. I figured once I got pregnant, I'd be upset I couldn't go out & drink, but even now - I love my little
Jelly bean to pieces. I'm sorry to hear about your mom not being on board with your boyfriend, but I'm glad it all worked out :). Thank you very much ALL of you for your words of encouragement.

Yeah its hard to leave behind your family that you love so much and always thought they would be behind you because after all you've been behind them for everything. So understandable but it is expected not to keep everyone in your family, you can only try for so long before it hurts to bad, till things keep being said about you. See i could care less if my family wants to so horrible things about me but i started cutting people off the minute things got to rude like when people would say things about my baby girl or my father(whos passed) i got tired of the stress so i had to cut people out no matter how much i thought they loved me before i got pregnant, in a way im happy atleast i got to see all of my familys true colors.

Ah have fun on your first sono:) yes i am so excited !!!!:) aw a little christmas miracle how cute:)

Yeah its hard to leave behind your family that you love so much and always thought they would be behind you because after all you've been behind them for everything. So understandable but it is expected not to keep everyone in your family, you can only try for so long before it hurts to bad, till things keep being said about you. See i could care less if my family wants to so horrible things about me but i started cutting people off the minute things got to rude like when people would say things about my baby girl or my father(whos passed) i got tired of the stress so i had to cut people out no matter how much i thought they loved me before i got pregnant, in a way im happy atleast i got to see all of my familys true colors.

Ah have fun on your first sono:) yes i am so excited !!!!:) aw a little christmas miracle how cute:)

It does hurt a lot! Thinking that they can't extend the same courteousy that you would them if the roles were reversed! It's unbelievable the things that have been and will be said about me. Ill have to just see how things play out!

And I'll try! It's going to be hard to wait the 3 weeks, but I'll make it lol. & A Christmas baby indeed :)

Thats all you can really do! i hope things flip and turn out well. But no matter what try and enjoy this pregnancy!:)

i know that sucks! but you can do because when you get it you'll be so excited you wont even care about the wait anymore:)

Hi, my mum and sister were both supportive at first. Then my mum exchanged some emails with ohs mum and they had a phone conversation. After this things sort of went downhill. She was still supportive of me, but she was saying things like "you dont realise what you are doing. What if oh doesbt stick around" etc. I think ohs mum had sort of got to her a bit. She wasnt nasty, i think she was just panickinf about the future. Fob's family and my family are all really excited now and looking forwars to baby's arrival. Even when im in tears saying i wont cope, my mum just reminds me that it will be an amazingbexperience and he will bring so much joy to our lives xx

Hi, my mum and sister were both supportive at first. Then my mum exchanged some emails with ohs mum and they had a phone conversation. After this things sort of went downhill. She was still supportive of me, but she was saying things like "you dont realise what you are doing. What if oh doesbt stick around" etc. I think ohs mum had sort of got to her a bit. She wasnt nasty, i think she was just panickinf about the future. Fob's family and my family are all really excited now and looking forwars to baby's arrival. Even when im in tears saying i wont cope, my mum just reminds me that it will be an amazingbexperience and he will bring so much joy to our lives xx

I'm really hoping everyone eventually comes around! I already love my little jelly bean so much, and am anxious for my sono on the 15th! My mom's kind of getting excited, but no one else is. My sister (who's 26, no kids..) isn't really on board yet. She's still pretty in shock and doesn't know what to say so it's a little awkward. But hoping as time goes on and my little jelly bean gets bigger they'll realize. Oh's family is being very supportive and are already excited as can be :). I'm glad to see everyone on your end came together !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->