Just some hugs, please...

kintenda

Reaction score
It is most likely that I am gonna get made redundant in a few weeks. Around 1/2 to 2/3 of the company are going & it's gonna be last in, first out amongst other things (I was part of last intake in September)... won't get any redundancy pay if so coz of time in service.
:(
Please gimme some cuddles!!
Staying positive & looking for other jobs, no point in getting down but I'm planning for redundancy just in case. Also hoping it will not affect our TTC plans as OH makes a fairly good wage... just gotta see :cry:

Hi hun,

*BIG BIG CUDDLES*

I was made redundant in March and i'm planning to try at the end of this year so I know exactly how you feel. PM me if you want anybody to talk to about things, even if you just need an ear to rant at :)

:hugs: Hope something good happens and all goes to plan for you. :)

xxx

Hi hun. Big big :hugs: for you. I really hope that you don't get made redundant or that something else comes up quite quickly for you if the worst happens.

I can empathise as, like Kitty, I was made redundant in March. I still haven't found a new job (although I have three really promising irons in the fire right now so hopefully things are looking up). My DH is also out of work at the moment as well (he's a contractor). I'm hoping it won't affect our plans to TTC and that we'll both be back in work again by the New Year.

I really do feel for you. That not knowing period is really horrible isn't it?

K x

Lots of :hugs: sweety. Hope things are looking up for you really soon.

Aww :hug: what a horrible time for you. I hope things work out ok. They really shouldn't be using last in, last out - it's quite discriminatory. You may find this link useful if you haven't already looked at it https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1611

Hi ladies... thanks so much for the cuddles :) I am doing some job hunting just in case. It's a real shame because I enjoy my job but I guess we will see whether or not I am one of the people selected. Bunny, it's going to be calculated on a few things including experience, sickness etc. Had a few weeks off sick for a back problem a couple of months ago so I suspect that will come into play..?
They aren't allowing people to apply for voluntary redundancy either because the budget won't stretch to pay for the redundancy packages if all the longer term members of staff applied! How sh*t is that?!?! So little fish like moi & 15 others won't get anything as we've been there less than a year when it takes place!
I probably shouldn't be whinging too much because I've mentioned who I work for already :S Don't wanna get myself in trouble if the work gremlins catch me on t'internet posts...
Gah, dunno, suppose I just have to wait for them to decide!
Elphaba & Kitty - I guess that's my worry really, sounds a bit selfish but I SO want our TTC plans to stay on track. However I wouldn't want us to bring a baby into a situation that's not suitable for us as a couple (no reflection on how our situation would be for others, just for ourselves!)
Anyway... breathe... & chill...
:D

Hi ladies... thanks so much for the cuddles :) I am doing some job hunting just in case. It's a real shame because I enjoy my job but I guess we will see whether or not I am one of the people selected. Bunny, it's going to be calculated on a few things including experience, sickness etc. Had a few weeks off sick for a back problem a couple of months ago so I suspect that will come into play..?
They aren't allowing people to apply for voluntary redundancy either because the budget won't stretch to pay for the redundancy packages if all the longer term members of staff applied! How sh*t is that?!?! So little fish like moi & 15 others won't get anything as we've been there less than a year when it takes place!
I probably shouldn't be whinging too much because I've mentioned who I work for already :S Don't wanna get myself in trouble if the work gremlins catch me on t'internet posts...
Gah, dunno, suppose I just have to wait for them to decide!
Elphaba & Kitty - I guess that's my worry really, sounds a bit selfish but I SO want our TTC plans to stay on track. However I wouldn't want us to bring a baby into a situation that's not suitable for us as a couple (no reflection on how our situation would be for others, just for ourselves!)
Anyway... breathe... & chill...
:D

Awww I don't think you're being selfish hun. It's horribly hard when you want something so much and then it seems like you might have to delay. Hopefully it won't come to that for you. It sounds like you are being very sensible about it though.

Fingers crossed for you that you won't be one of the ones they make redundant. It's really not a nice situation to be in.

:hugs:

K x

Ok, OH & I have made a decision.
We are going to keep our plans to TTC on track for Jan for now.
However... it is tentative.
If I do get made redundant, this is an ideal time for me to work for a year & then start training to be a nurse (obviously on the proviso that I am accepted). If not, the job is going to be even more pressured from now on in & there is going to be no security anyway. So, despite the wage drop it will inevitably mean, we may find that it is less stressful for me to change employers whatever the circumstances.
If we do have a baby, I don't really want to live off of benefits (which if I couldn't find a job as many people nowadays) so I would need to find a good job & wait longer. It would need to be something I can be happy with for a good few years.
If we don't TTC, then I can apply for nursing, hopefully get accepted, & I don't mind finding something crappy in the meantime. We can still TTC whilst training as I can take a year off if needs be.
I am now concentrating on job searching & applying for nurse training. I won't be able to submit my application until September for that.
Kind of feel a bit more settled as we at least have some plans of action!

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit more settled, hun.

K x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->