Just started school. Being picked on :(

k4th

Reaction score
Dd started school this September. She told us this evening that a big girl on the playground called her stupid. And then asked to hold her hand. This big girl then squeezed her hand too tight & wouldn't let go when dd asked. This girl told dd not to tell her teachers or mum/dad & that she'd be back everyday to hold her hand.

She did it on Monday & again today.

I'm livid!! It sounds so malicious to say don't tell anyone and she's going to keep doing it. I am fuming.

I'll have to go & talk to dd's teachers tomorrow - but what I want to do is say she can stay home with me & we'll just have a duvet day & cuddle. I hate that I'm not there to help her & protect her. I feel so helpless & angry tonight.

Oh my gosh that's so sad! Your poor DD :(. I hope that the school are proactive and get it sorted asap :hugs:

Oh my gosh that's so sad! Your poor DD :(. I hope that the school are proactive and get it sorted asap :hugs:

Thank you. I keep wondering if I'm overreacting, but I really don't think I am.

You're not overreacting at all :( poor DD, so early on too. If it's only the one girl though, a telling off from the teacher should be enough to ward her away. At least they'll know to keep an extra eye out, and most likely talk to the girls parents. Maybe give her a pyjama day as a well done for letting you know about it too. Probably shouldn't really encourage it, but it's what I'd want to do too!

Oh that's awful :( I would be down there before it opens and tell them she's not going back until your sure she's going to be safe!

I dont think your overeacting at all. I would speak with her teacher and also make sure the playground supervisors are made aware of it so they can keep an eye on your DD

Your poor daughter, what a shame :hugs:

I hope the school sort it asap.

That's horrible, how old is the other girl? I don't think you're over reacting at all. If I was the girls mum I would be fuming with her.

Your poor little girl and poor you having to send her in when that's happening. One of the boys who plays out the front of our house is mean to my lo and I want to stop him playing out every night so that he can't pick on him, it really hurts. I hope the school sorts it soon

Oh things like this break my heart! I'd keep my daughter home and tell the teachers she'll be back once it's sorted. That's just me personally though and I know it can get parents in trouble. I really hope the school sort it quickly and efficiently. I agree, praise your daughter a lot for having the courage to speak to you about it. Poor soul x

Bless her heart! 😔 did you manage to talk to the teacher today?

I would first of all talk to her abou tit say that is not her fault and teach her what she should do - tell one of the supervisors and the teachers.

Check as well whether it is just her or if there are others. Then speak to the teacher about it and see what they say.

As much as you want to not take her in personally I dont think that is the way to go - it is teaching from an early age that you can run away from problems rather than finding ways to cope with them and facing them head on.

I told her this morning how proud I am of Her for telling me. Then I explained what to do if this girl wants to hold her hand again (say no, bunch her hand up, tell a teacher).

I spoke to the teacher when I dropped her off. I explained that dd is upset, as am I. I said she wasn't to play out with the big kids until it had been dealt with. I then went into a special assembly - just 10 minutes later the teacher came & found me. Dd has identified the girl (who is a prefect!!! ). All of the prefects have been read the riot act & told not to touch any of the younger kids when they're helping out. All staff are going to be informed for playtime duty. It looks like the prefects are trying to mollycoddle the little ones - but school agree that her telling dd not to tell anyone shows she knew what she was doing is wrong.

I don't know if that girl has been told specifically. Bit if I hear she has touched my daughter again I'll be seeing the head teacher. Friday is an inset day & next week is half term so I'm hoping a break will help dd forget about it.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Tbh the language of the older girl is very worrying to me, that is very predatory language and honestly makes me a bit concerned that she herself may be on the receiving end of that language. I definitely think you've done the right thing and aren't over reacting at all! I hope things start going better for your LO.

Tbh the language of the older girl is very worrying to me, that is very predatory language and honestly makes me a bit concerned that she herself may be on the receiving end of that language. I definitely think you've done the right thing and aren't over reacting at all! I hope things start going better for your LO.

She was much happier when she came home yesterday so I'm hoping we've nipped it in the bud.

And I agree that the language is worrying. I hope the school keep an eye on her too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->