Just started work help please - Regarding child tax

Jade_2012

Reaction score
I currently recieve child tax, And this week i have started a small cleaning job at some offices near by 2 hours everyday Mon-Fri, Anyway now i am slightly worried that it is going to effect my child tax credit and i will be worse off!

I think the money is basically minimum wage age so its roughly £65 a week which is not a lot but every little helps, But im just worried that are gonna cut my child tax credits and we also have the worry as we do recieve housing benefit.

Any help or ideas please??

Could you not use the online benefits calculator and fill it in as if you are working, it should tell you what your entitled to x

I could but it is going to ask for amounts etc and i am not 100% sure yet, Im more trying to find out if it is going to cut these things i have mentioned above..

I should be happy to get a small job, But this country its never easy :(

Have a chat to CAB. If your wage is low you should still receive although the amount may change.

I could but it is going to ask for amounts etc and i am not 100% sure yet, Im more trying to find out if it is going to cut these things i have mentioned above..

I should be happy to get a small job, But this country its never easy :(

It doesn't know who you are or anything though so putting in estimates isn't going to hurt. At least then you'll get a rough idea of how it might effect your tax credits, it isn't going to be way off the mark unless your hourly rate turned out to be well above NMW xx

It won't affect your tax credits I don't think because CTC isn't income based. If you recurve income support however it will affect this. You can work less than 16 hours a week and get IS but they take a % off depending on your earnings. Hope that made sense.

CTC is income based, you get different amounts depending on how much your income is. However your CTC shouldn't be affected this year because although you need to tell them of the change they will only calculate based on this years income if it is less than a +/- change of £2500. We only have twenty-seven weeks left of this tax year, so 27 x 61 (ten hours at National minimum wage) is £1647, therefore wont affect how it's calculated. It could affect your HB though.

Thank you i hope that is the case, I just hope Housing benefit dont get reduced by what i earn :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->