Just wanted to brag! + few questions!

princess_1991

Lily and PG with Twins!
Reaction score
We're now on week 3 of exclusively breastfeeding twins!
im really surprised at how well we're doing because i had serious doubts on whether id be able to do it so i am slightly over chuffed with myself :blush:

Just wondering if anyone can answer a few questions though!

1) I was told i should keep swapping the twins between boobs but one of my nipples is kind of different to the other and one twin latches on that nipple better, would it be so awful if they each had their own boob?

2) will i always need breast pads for aslong as im breastfeeding or will the leaking stop?

3) im finding it quite easy at the moment breastfeeding the twins while theyre in the newborn stage but im worried about how ill cope when theyre a bit bigger and more active, when they can rip the cover off while im in public (especially while tandem!) anyone have any experience?

Is one boob bigger than the other?

My boobs are different sizes. If I had twins I would have to rotate them between boobs.

Man, I can just imagine EBF twins! You must be constantly feeding them/keeping them at the boob. You go mom!

Sorry I only the answer to number two, they will eventually stop leaking
But WOW bf'ing twins!!! I'm so impressed!!! You are awesome!!!!

Woohoo check you out super mumma :D I hope it continues to go so well, you're passed the tough bit!

One of my breasts seems to produce more milk so my girl needs to swap. BUT from what I know and my experience I think each breast is seperate in terms of demand = production so perhaps if you use one breast for either twin then the breasts will adjust to each baby's need.

My daughter is 7 weeks now and my breasts don't get crazy full and leaky anymore because they have set to what she needs, so hopefully it will settle for you soon.

Can't answer the third really! X

Only one hand free to type… toddler in my lap! You will stop leaking. Good job!!

Be proud momma! You are amazing.....and I'm no help on your questions lol

Wow! Good for you! I couldn't imagine doing that.

My daughter is 7 weeks now and she is spacing her feeds out a bit so my body is producing less milk for her needs. Where as before she fed every 30 mins and I was a soaking mess! I'm still a soaking mess now at night because she feeds every 3-4 hour through night and every 1.5 to 2 hours during day. I guess when she starts solids and spaces her feeds right out say 3-4 hours I will produce less milk = no more leaks (I hope)

I remember my daughters 2-3 week growth spurt set my supply rocket high! Hang in there it gets easier :)

Your my hero :)
Well done!! :)

Did you have any difficulties to start with with attachment or anything?
Xx

CONGRATS on your success!!!! I have had way too many friends say they couldn't breastfeed because they had twins! I've read stories of moms with triplets (!!!) who even managed it. ;)

Keep up the great work.

boobs are the same size near enough so i presume theyre eating the same amount,
ive had a few issues with one of our little ladies latch the last few days but i hope were in the back end of it!

flower - we kind of did, they were in NICU for the first week of their lives and were either fed by me or exxpressed milk in a cup or through a tube, we did have a few issues with their latch with their mouths being so small and them being on a glucose drip for the first few days but once we got them home and on a proper routine it got better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->