Kangaroo Care: The Power Of A Mom's Touch

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
"Researchers in Bogotá found that babies who were held close to their mother’s bodies for extended periods of time each day didn’t just survive, but thrived and did well".

What is Kangaroo Care? What are the benefits? Why it works?

Checkout the article on momtastic by Michelle LaRowe.

I hope you find this small article interesting to read and discuss.

:D x

I witnessed its benefits with my own son - his oxygen needs dropped from 60% to 30% in a week when we started kangaroo care. When you think about it, it`s pretty simple - humans need touch, warmth and comfort. All babies seek out others for warmth and safety... thank you for sharing this! I`ll go read it

Nice article Wobbles ...

... but I think you're preaching to the converted in here :D

Any new Mums out there - do ask about this in your NICU. It definitely benefits both baby and Mum :kiss:

When we were in NICU, a baby in Australia who was pronounced dead was given to Mummy to say goodbye, came back to life after being placed on Mummy's chest. Apparently somewhere in Europe NICU babies are nursed on Mummy's chests x

kangaroo is great i am a firm beleiver in it. When my son was receiving Kangaroo care he thrived, he needed less oxygen he had less spells and it increased my milk production. Its great for both mom and baby. Great article wobbles

the only way i could bond with my baby was with this. If not i would have just watched him thru his incubator. He was only allowed out for short times unless he was literally down my top. Hence, for the 8 weeks he was in i spent all day, every day with him down my tops ( which grew increasingly baggy!) He came home 3 weeks before his due date. I am a great believer in kangaroo care and i now still have a very snuggly baby. which u cant beat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->