Katie Alice Connelly 10/11/08

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
well, where do i start?! this week has been the most amazing week of my life!

on sat afternoon, i went into work and was tellin everyone i was gona have her on weds cos they were gona induce me - was convinced it was gona be ages! someone recommended eaating the core of a pineapple and i was that desperate i tried it! went to bed late sat night and decided to try gettn things goin with OHs help. had to stop halfway thru cos i was in agony with my back. he thought it was just an excuse!! went to the loo and had had my bloody show.

at 2am on the dot my contractions started, they were just like period pains, so i didnt think much of them, but came on here askin advice cos they were about 5 mins apart. eventually woke OH up at about 4, who again thought i was takin the piss!

did the usual going for a walk and stuf, was advised by triage to hve a bath, but it slowed everythin right down. the same woman also tole e to ait til contractions were 2 mins apart to go in!!!!

MW came out to do my sweep at about 1pm as planned, but when she got here i was 3-4 cm, so didnt need it! she rang delivery and told them to get me a room ready, was well chuffed that my MW from day1 was gona deliver her - or so i thought!!

went to hospital about 4, couldnt believe it on the way there, stopped for petrol and needed a jump start, noone would do it!! even when told i was in labour! one guy said yes but then just drove off!! got it done eventually tho!

got checked again at 6pm, was 6cm-ish and membranes were bulging. had pethadine, which was absolutely fab!! i was away with the fairies but it meant i got some rest, hadnt slept at all!

my mws shift ended at half 8 and someone else took over who was fab. at 10 i was checked again and she wasnt sure if i was fully dilated or if my cervix was just really thin. she decided to go for 8-9cm and broke my waters. before she did it she said it would make everythin a lotmore painful, and jesus she was right!! the birthpool became free then aswell, so she started filling it nd we set off down there.

as soon as we got there i wanted to push, but was scared! all dignity flew out the window and i stripped off and got on my hands and knees, bum in the air and everythin!

it took bloody ages to push her out, thought it was gona be quick cos her head was dead low the last time i was checked. i thought she was nearly out when it was announced that her forehead was out! was reassured it would be quick from there tho. by this point my pethadine had worn off, and i didnt want gas and air, so i pushed her out with no pain relief!!

and eventualy, katie was born at 00.52, 9lb12, 57cm and her head circumferance was 36.5cm!! she's the most beautiful thing i've ever laid eyes on!!

had to go to theatre for a 3rd degree tear, which gave daddy time to bond. had to stay in hospital until i'd had a poop and was on a catheter for 24 hours which was horrific!

i'll add pics when i can!

congrats cant wait to see pictures xx

Lovely to hear your birth story, Congratulations again! Can't wait to see photos! xx

Congratulations xx

big baby! good job hun! and congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"