Katie Jayne Ross Born at 37 + 4 on 28/11/11

lauzie84

Mummy to Amy & Katie
Reaction score
Just thought I would jot this down whilst it's all fresh in my memory.

I've been saying my whole pregnancy that I would have the baby early. Due date was 15th December, but in my head I always thought I would have the baby by the start of December and I was right!

On Monday 28th November, I woke up, as usual straight away threw up :haha: and moaned and groaned to my OH about the joys of pregnancy. No signs of impending labour.

Around 10:30 I was downstairs washing dishes when I felt a familiar trickle run down my leg. I had that moment where you think you've peed yourself as it didn't "gush". OH was about the house that day as he didn't have much work on, so I made my way upstairs and said I think my waters have gone.

No pains, but decided to have a bath just to make sure everything was clean :blush:

When I got out of the bath I started to get slight pains, but nothing too bad.

I rang the hospital, who asked me to come in and get checked out as my waters had went. I decided not to rush though, as my mum was at work and we needed her to look after Amy. So off we headed to the hospital I think it must have been around 2pm.

Pains started increasing at that stage. I arrived at the labour ward and they took me into a side room, and put me on the tracing machine for contractions. Still slight pains at this stage, but managable. The midwife examined me and I was 4-5 cms at this stage. She also gave me a sweep and said I would prob be up in the labour ward for at least another hour before they moved me down to the delivery suite.

How wrong she was - about 10 mins later the contractions were coming thick and fast and crippling me. I had to beg them to take me down to the delivery suite so I could get some gas and air for the pain.

So went on down to delivery. Me chugging away on my gas and air, quite happy to lean on the bed during the contractions, but staying upright. This was the main thing for me, as with Amy my 1st LO, I was induced and basically strapped to a bed for her labour, so wanted to stay upright as much as poss this time around.

Not much time seemed to went by when I could feel that I needed to push. At this point i had been left alone in a room with a student midwife, so she ran out to get some help. The sister then came in to help her out.

She brought this new contraption in that they had got for mothers giving birth called a combi track. It's basically a birthing stool with a stool behind for your partner and drapes that you put your arms through to bear your weight. When she first arrived with it I gave her the look as if to say are you serious, but if was honestly great.

A couple of pushes and Katie Jayne Ross was born at 5.38 pm weighing 6lb 12. She had the cord around her neck, but they quickly got that sorted.

They let me home that night, so I arrived home at 10pm monday night and have been trying to get settled since then.

The timings on my notes say:
stage 1: 1 hour 33 mins.
stage 2: 5 mins
stage 3: 11 mins.

Attachments

• katie.jpg
    katie.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 20
She's absolutely adorable! Congratulations!!

Wow!! Fantastic quick labour and a gorgeous little girl. Congratulations again!!!!!

Omg Lauzie, what an amazing labour!!!

Congratulations again xx

Amazing quick birth, sounds like it went brilliantly. And I'm so glad you managed to have an active labout this time round. I was on a birthing stool too for a bit, it was great :) upright really helps too.

Apparently the birthing stools cost about £300. I was like whaaaat!!!

And she is absolutely beautiful :)

Congratulations lauzie! She's gorgeous and what a fantastic quick labour! Glad you're all doing ok! xo

aww congrats hun.

and what a great birthday she has ;) my 1st son was born on tht day and hes 7 now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->