Kayla? Too similar?

LaylaShawn

Cautiously Expecting #1
Reaction score
Ladies please help.

DH and I were talking about names. I really love the name Kayla. I always did since I was younger. Well my DH's niece name is Kailyn and I have a niece named Layla (long story but I did not know her since birth. She just started coming around last year). So my daughter's name would be a combo of her two older cousins. DH says no way. What do you ladies think?

I don't think its too similar but if your oh has said no way I'd find a different name :)

I think its very similar. I mean Kayla and Layla rhyme and Kailyn begins with the same sound.

If you and OH both loved the name I think using the name would be debatable. However, your OH has said "no way" so I think you could throw it on the maybe list for your personal list but maybe look for some alternates.

Thanks Ladies. I was going to talk to DH but maybe I'll let it go.

Theyre definitely similar, no denying that. Kailyn & Kayla can both be referred to as "Kay" or "Kale" even, so I'm not sure I'd want them to be THAT similar personally. It really depends on how often you see/talk about said cousins too, etc.
Like PP said, if it was a matter of you and OH loving the name then it's debatable, but since he says "no way" I'd have to say I think you should keep looking for alternatives... :shrug:

Some suggestions:
Arla
Ada/Aida
Keira (keer-uh)
Kourtney
Laura/Lauren
Lainey

Theyre definitely similar, no denying that. Kailyn & Kayla can both be referred to as "Kay" or "Kale" even, so I'm not sure I'd want them to be THAT similar personally. It really depends on how often you see/talk about said cousins too, etc.
Like PP said, if it was a matter of you and OH loving the name then it's debatable, but since he says "no way" I'd have to say I think you should keep looking for alternatives... :shrug:

Some suggestions:
Arla
Ada/Aida
Keira (keer-uh)
Kourtney
Laura/Lauren
Lainey

Thanks! I love Keira!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics