Keeping tattoos covered up

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Just wondering if any ladies on here have noticeable tats that you need to keep covered for work...like arms/chest??

I ask just I currently have my whole back and left leg which are not to hard to keep covered (well takes a bit more effort in the summer), however I am now wanting to get a tat to represent my sons and the design I like is much bigger then i thought and really needs to go on my arm or other leg, but thats a lot skin that I have to keep covered.

so yea any one with tats ...do you find it easy to keep covered even in the summer?

I think it depends on the kind of work you do. If you work in an office I dont think it matters as long as you are not meeting clients. I have a small tattoo that is very easy to cover so no experience but I think society is more accepting these days as long as they arent on your head/neck.

If you know you'll need it covered then I wouldn't do it because it could be so uncomfortable in the summer! I am looking at having one on my neck removed because I don't know what reactions will be when I'm looking for jobs, and I almost always wear my hair up so it's on show.

Alas i work in relationship banking so customer facing.

I have a full chest piece and two sleeves. Some jobs have been fine but my current one I keep them covered. It can be hard in summer but can be done

Luckily my work don't care so I can have mine on display.

If its going to be awkward to cover, could it go on your upper leg rather than lower? Or maybe rethink the design slightly?

I have one on my arm/side of wrist and I never cover it up. I got it whilst working where I am now and nobody has ever mentioned it.

I've got 7 tattoos and 5 of them are pretty difficult to keep covered. I have one on my right hand at the side, one on each wrist, 2 on the back of my neck, one on my shoulder and one on my foot.

When starting new jobs I always make sure the employers are aware of my tattoos at the interview stage. I've worked in a few different environments including the nhs and no one has ever had a problem with them. When I worked for the nhs and I mentioned my tattoos I was told that as long as they aren't offensive to anyone then they aren't a problem.

If you've got a tattoo on one leg, why don't you do the new tattoo on the other leg as you mentioned - how many outfits would reveal one leg only anyway? Surely it's somewhere you're already covering up? At least at work anyway. I wouldn't go for arms if your arms are both currently tattoo free as you'll be limiting yourself more.

I have tattoos on my arms and chest and honestly I really regret having them, I feel like I can't wear sleeveless/short sleeved tops or low cut tops. I have a back piece too but obviously that ones quite easy to cover so not one I regret at all x

My dress code at work states no visible tattoos. I have one on my foot so I either wear tights with dresses or socks with trousers. I also have one on the side of my wrist that I don't hide- just wear a watch which covers some of it. Bosses don't seem to have a problem, although I have had a few cheeky comments from (much older) customers which gets on my wick a bit.

cheers ladies. think your right it will just have to go on my leg....might put it on my foot going up my leg. As it already hard enough having to wear tights/ trousers all summer.

I had an interview for a job and on the form I was asked about face, neck, wrist and hand tattoos which I answered no to.
I have my children's names on the back of my forearm and they found out through someone else who worked there. The interview was cancelled :(

I had an interview for a job and on the form I was asked about face, neck, wrist and hand tattoos which I answered no to.
I have my children's names on the back of my forearm and they found out through someone else who worked there. The interview was cancelled :(

What sort of job was it?

What sort of job was it?

Serving coffee somewhere you might go for a uk holiday x

Not that I really have to, but I have a wrist piece that I like to cover because it looks like crap (I can't afford to get it redone/covered atm). I found a wide leather cuff bracelet to wear over it.

What sort of job was it?

Serving coffee somewhere you might go for a uk holiday x

Bloody hell! That's a bit harsh! X

I have one on my hand (sort of... Wrist going onto hand) and one behind my ear. I've just got an office job ready for July.. (Placement) and I'll have to keep them covered up! x

Just wondering if any ladies on here have noticeable tats that you need to keep covered for work...like arms/chest??

I ask just I currently have my whole back and left leg which are not to hard to keep covered (well takes a bit more effort in the summer), however I am now wanting to get a tat to represent my sons and the design I like is much bigger then i thought and really needs to go on my arm or other leg, but thats a lot skin that I have to keep covered.

so yea any one with tats ...do you find it easy to keep covered even in the summer?

Have never covered them while working, but don't go out of my way to display them either. I actually prefer to NOT talk about them to most people I don't even know so if they ask I just say it's a secret. Oh and I definitely find it easy to keep them covered in the summer; I mostly wear the same clothes (excluding outerwear) year round. I don't have any big pieces (yet) though, just some text and a couple other small ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->